i need help with water sample..?

#1re5freak09Posted 9/5/2010 9:14:05 AM
im stuck i can't figure it out its the hardest resident evil puzzel ever=[ if you could help i would appreciate thanks...
---
expect the unexpected!!! playing resident evil since the year 2000...
In ThE DaRkNeSs LiEs YoUr FeArS...
#2JoveHackPosted 9/5/2010 2:49:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3JoveHackPosted 9/5/2010 2:51:52 PM
It's pretty tough. Patience is the key.

Start with the 3-stacks on the top line. If it's 3-high then each of the lines below must have a block in that column.

If there's a blank, adjust that line to the right until you get a block there. Then recheck the other 3-stacks. Repeat until you've got a match for all of them.

Then check the blanks on the top. If it's blank, then each of the lines below must be blank in that column. If not, then it's time to switch again.

Once you've got the threes and blanks correct, run a check. If it fails, start moving the bottom line and repeat the process. (Or you can check every column visually. This is a pain.)

There are a couple of problems with this approach. One is that the rows cycle endlessly by repeating the positions if you move them far enough left or right. So you've got to know when to start changing a different line.

The other is that you don't know which line is in error when the test fails. All you can do is keep trying.

This might help, too.

"Resident Evil 3: Nemesis: Water Sample Puzzle Solutions" by t 002 Tyrant
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/198459-resident-evil-3-nemesis/faqs/16936

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved. Primal Wiki: http://primal.wikia.com
#4re5freak09(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2010 5:34:39 PM
thanks i still am having trouble with this before i used to get my brother to do it but he moved lol i cant do it but if you can get the link to that picture for the gamecube version unless their the same...
---
#51983guyPosted 9/5/2010 5:42:33 PM
read peach freak's RE3 guide. She's got the best solutions.
---
Those zombies aren't the only things crawling around out there, Ben - RE2
#6re5freak09(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2010 8:58:59 AM
thanks im going to try the solutions from that one FAQ btw i was wondering if it was the same on the gamecube...
---
#71983guyPosted 9/6/2010 9:28:34 AM
Yeah the PS1 and cube versions are identical, save for cleaned up graphics on the cube. No version differences, though.

What I did to save me time on the water puzzle was write down the puzzle solutions (there are 4 possible solutions) on paper and keep it with my game case and manual. That way when I get to the puzzle I can look at it and solve the puzzle in just seconds.

Saves times when going for an "A" rank!
---
#8re5freak09(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2010 6:02:43 PM
okay thanks and when i leave the room the puzzle will reset right?
---
#91983guyPosted 9/6/2010 6:50:45 PM
that's correct
---
#10friendlydudePosted 9/6/2010 10:28:25 PM
I do the same thing as 1983guy, but it should be said that JoveHack just wrote down a brilliant explanation for trying to figure it out on your own. I recommend trying it at least once.