Im bored today so i think im gonna play the original release of resident evil.

#1guitarguy3349Posted 10/4/2012 11:01:41 AM
I just found a copy of the original longbox release of resident evil at a pawn shop. I feel better now knowing that I legally own the game. I had downloaded it a few years ago and played it on my ps2 through the disc swap method where you block 2 sensors by opening your ps2 and it makes it to where when the ps1 logo loads on screen you quickly switch the ps1 disc with a burnt ps1 game. Well i didnt play it much bc i played director's cut so much. But now that i think about it im gonna try playing my longbox version (I made a backup so i dont have to scratch my near mint condition disc, it has only 2 scratches one is on the edge of the middle ring of the disc and the other is on the very edge im guessing it got there when some1 either put the game away or put it in the playstation. I think it's gonna be a changeup from director's cut bc this game doesnt have auto aim or the magical decapitating beretta. Also the item/enemy placement is different.

The pawn shop also had the sega saturn version and a sega saturn console. If i had enough money i would have bought those too. The sega saturn version has a battle game that isnt in any other version. Also there is a 2nd tyrant in the lab during the 1st fight.
#2Recoome_is_godPosted 10/4/2012 11:34:58 AM(edited)
...the original game is on DC. Although (as a classic RE fan) it's worth having the 'true' original too, the only difference between this and the DC 'Original' is enemy strength.

EDIT:
Oh, and the worth of Ink Ribbon pickups. 2 instead of 3, not that anyone should ever need that many.
---
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog: it feeds the hand that bites it.
DOOMBEARS II - Return to the Labyrinth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdejK6yKiQ
#3Little_IshidaPosted 10/4/2012 11:39:17 AM
And auto-aim if i recall, but seriously, the difference is hardly enough to warrant another purchase of what you technically already own in DC.
---
Ieyasu......Ieyasu.....
IIIIEEEEYYYAAAAAAASSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
#4guitarguy3349(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 12:01:36 PM
yeah I know all the differences of director's cut and the original. I just want to collect the games. If i find another copy of the original ill buy it as long as it is in good enough condition and cheap enough to where i can make a profit. someone on amazon is selling the original release for somewhere around $287.50. If I get that much money off of another copy then that's whats up man. If I find another copy If any1 on here is interested I may be willing to haggle a lil bit.
---
Not changing this signature until capcom releases a new real Resident evil game. Enough with the 4-6 style of resident evil i want survival horror.
#5Recoome_is_godPosted 10/4/2012 12:16:46 PM
Little_Ishida posted...
And auto-aim if i recall, but seriously, the difference is hardly enough to warrant another purchase of what you technically already own in DC.

I should have remembered this; not because I use it, but because I go into the options to turn the bastard off every time.
---
DOOMBEARS II - Return to the Labyrinth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdejK6yKiQ
#6Little_IshidaPosted 10/4/2012 1:33:27 PM
Really? I always turn it on. In Re2, i always used Type C control scheme.
---
Ieyasu......Ieyasu.....
#7Recoome_is_godPosted 10/4/2012 2:33:58 PM
It's because the original release had no such option, meaning I had no choice but to do it all myself. It's since become a habit to be in complete control over where I shoot. I've never had a problem with this manual aiming style though, and the last thing I'd actually want is the game deciding which enemy is the biggest threat when I may have other ideas.
---
#8Little_IshidaPosted 10/4/2012 3:04:00 PM
Fair enough, i've always preferred it. You can sort-of quick turn if there's an enemy you want to aim at to you side, comes in handy when knifing. And it usually aims for the closest one anyway, so i've rarely came across a situation where auto-aim has been more of a hindrance than a help.

Still, to each their own.
---
Ieyasu......Ieyasu.....
#9ajbit19Posted 10/4/2012 4:07:56 PM
I saw a copy of the original at a retro games store here, but not the long box version. It was gone the next time I went in there.
---
Al Bundy married for your sins.
#10guitarguy3349(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 6:18:19 PM
yeah the 1st time i saw it was at a different pawnshop about 5 years ago. I went to one in Rome Ga and they had it on sale. It cost me $12 and was in near perfect condition. only had a few scratches when i bought it and still is in the same condition.
---
Not changing this signature until capcom releases a new real Resident evil game. Enough with the 4-6 style of resident evil i want survival horror.