SaGa Frontier Community Forum

#1Mir_VimesPosted 12/6/2011 2:45:44 PM
I'm gathering info, resources, and connections in order to build a SaGa Frontier community forum, with very specific features. To do so, I'll need everyone's help. Now, the questions:

*Does anyone have any experience as an admin or web master, for a website or message board/forum?

*Does anyone have any experience with PHP (by which I mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP)?

*Does anyone have any experience - or better yet, expertise - with any tools or software suites used to create, maintain, administer, and modify web forums or message boards? I NEED FEEDBACK as to which set of software suites is best for the task at hand.

*Does anyone know how to use mods which create custom forms?
**Forms which, when completed can generate entries in a searchable and browsable database, and which will create topics and posts in a dedicated board or sub-board?
*** The entries themselves will each contain a small *.7z or *.rar file, a description, a set of keywords, and a list of other database entries which this one makes obsolete, which are related to this entry, or somehow conflict with this entry.
---
~Fanatics, Unite!
#2DragonAtmaPosted 12/6/2011 2:59:21 PM
While I have some experience running messages boards, the first one was set up by someone else and the second was simply invisionfree (which, however, seems to work fine...)
---
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
#3Myertch_AileronPosted 12/6/2011 3:34:02 PM
I don't know anything myself, but I've been a member of a PHP board for many years now and could ask some people.
---
There's a fine "li" between "obvious" and "oblivious."
#4Mir_Vimes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2011 4:00:32 PM
Please do. I'll PM you a relevant link. And you'll get a PM too, DragonAtma.
---
~Fanatics, Unite!
#5Mir_Vimes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2011 7:31:36 PM
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,5903.0.html
---
~Fanatics, Unite!
#6bybyrPosted 12/6/2011 8:05:01 PM
I have basic knowledge to setup VPS with kloxo as the cpanel
#7DoomSwellPosted 12/6/2011 9:37:17 PM
Why can't we stay here?
#8DragonAtmaPosted 12/6/2011 10:02:15 PM
Oh, that's easy; Mir_Vimes is afraid an ex will arrive and prattle on about how sonic should be added! :

Seriously, though, it'll make things easier because the board'll have features that gamefaqs doesn't.
---
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
#9Mir_Vimes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2011 12:02:17 PM
Why do you want to stay here, DoomSwell? I want to know, seriously.
---
~Fanatics, Unite!
#10bybyrPosted 12/7/2011 8:27:03 PM
I prefer vbulletin-based community.... gamesfaqs is great but we cannot make for example, subforums