Shenmue for Wii?

#1SaikobooruPosted 5/11/2008 1:16:11 PM
According to a Swedish gaming magazine that I freqently read,Gamereactor,Shenmue 1 and 2 are being ported to the Wii with additional minigames where you can use the wiimote.
This is great news if it turns out to be true,however,in the currently it's still a rumour,but strong enough to have been mentioned in the magazine I guess.
---
"Chiri mo nokosan! Ougi, Jouha Messhouen! ...Yami no honou ni idakarete kiero!" ~Lion~
Brawl FC: 0001-3500-0894
#2Ballistic86Posted 5/11/2008 3:29:12 PM
That'd be cool. Although, I'm hoping since Soul Calibur is coming to XBLA, that Shenmue 1 will eventually as well. That coupled with Shenmue 2 on XBOX originals would be a great way to get more people into the series and bring the dream of a Shenmue 2 closer. Of course the Wii would do the same, but I bet it would sell more on the 360 seeing most of the Wii owners buy Nintendo made games.
---
Don't just buy big name games, buy less known ones too to keep this industry strong.
#3Ballistic86Posted 5/11/2008 3:30:02 PM
Oops. Meant to bring the dream of Shenmue 3 closer.
---
Don't just buy big name games, buy less known ones too to keep this industry strong.
#4MrTamborineManPosted 5/11/2008 5:21:16 PM
Whoa, whoa. Are you sure about this? This would be the best news I have heard about Shenmue since it was announced. Could you please post what the article said? I hope this is true thank you so much this made my day.
#5jonrocks55Posted 5/11/2008 5:56:57 PM
This would be awesome!!!!

Please tell us what they said, because sometimes it is a joke or just a bogus rumor, but if it is true, oh that would be unbelievably fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shenmue Forever

Please bring us Shenmue 3!!!
#6PittFan87Posted 5/11/2008 6:01:33 PM
If that is true every Shenmue fan NEEDS to buy it. The reason Shenmue 3 hasn't come out now is because of the poor sales of Shenmue 1 and 2. If this Wii compilation sells well, it will convince Sega to make Shenmue 3.

Oh, I pray this is true.

Please bring Shenmue 3 out!!

And Saikobooru, could you please clarify on what the magazine said exactly. That would be great.
#7FatalFraggerPosted 5/11/2008 7:49:00 PM
i've heard a lot of rumors about it on forums across the net. they also have a video for it on youtube, but if i'm right, i think it's kinda old, and the video looks pretty bad, so it's probably fake. basically, if it's real, it's a crappy video, but if it's fake, it's a good fake, if that makes any sense...
---
Pearl: 0645 3649 3041 name: Andrew xbl: FatalFragger
#8Saikobooru(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2008 3:50:48 AM
Allright then,here's what they wrote (In Swedish):
"Shenmue är tillbaka!"
"Sega har den senaste tiden återlanserat klassiker som Nights,Bass Fishing och House of the Dead. Nu sägs Shenmue stå på tur. Men tro inte att det handlar om ett nytt spel, nej istället är det de båda ursprungliga Shenmue-spelen som försetts med Wiimote-minispel och som nu ska komma till Wii."

In English:
"Shenmue is back!"
"Sega has rereleased classics like Nights,Bass Fishing and House of the Dead lately. Now it's said that Shenmue is next. But don't think that it's about a new game, instead, they're bringing back the two original Shenmue games with extra Wiimote-minigames which will be released for the Wii."

I could scan it in if someone wants further proof,however,there's not much that can be done at this time to prove wether it is right or wrong, as it's still in a rumour stage,we can just hope that this is true.
Oh by the way,I can assure you this is most likely not a prank,it's the May edition of the magazine. And they're mostly accurate with their news,as I've followed the magazine for some time now.
---
"Chiri mo nokosan! Ougi, Jouha Messhouen! ...Yami no honou ni idakarete kiero!" ~Lion~
Brawl FC: 0001-3500-0894
#9PittFan87Posted 5/12/2008 4:22:03 AM
Thanks man, I'll keep my fingers crossed :)
#10YnnocPosted 5/12/2008 2:46:39 PM
Damn you Saikobooru... I came in here to make this topic myself. But you beat me to it.
Oh well. YAY for good new and even better when/if it happens.
---
Official Leader of The Toad Brigade - Fan Club
Mario Kart Wii: 2836 0195 3776