Shenmue 1 and 2 re-released for PS3 and XB360 as downloadable content.

#1LosheadPosted 6/25/2011 10:48:52 AM

I hope and pray that some big wig in sega would re-release shenmue 1 and 2 in downloadable form. The games already done so it would be pure profit for sega. It would also show sega that there is still a strong fan base for shenmue games. Possibly sega would see this and make shenmue 3. I have both a ps3 and xb360. I would buy shenmue remakes for both systems.

#2blue_rellikPosted 6/25/2011 11:22:44 AM
I think it´s better to leave these games in the past. If they brought Shenmue to PSN/XBLA most people would only see the flaws of these games, because whatever was remarkable then just isnt anymore. The gameplay is a bit too experimental for everyone´s tastes and the pacing doesnt help digesting it. Most people are also used to dual analog schemes for their 3D games and this relied too much on the D-pad, which no controller in this gen seems to excel at.
I think it would be much easier if Yu Suzuki, who is now a SEGA advisor only, or AM2 should bring their quick arcade games to the PSN/XBLA services. Propeller Arena, which is finished, could be received well today with online play, the same for Outtrigger, which was its strong point, and finally Ferrari Challenge. Vritua Fighter 3TB could also make it, but the game was a low point for the series, so I guess it should be left alone. It would probably be a better deal if it came out before VF5, to raise the hype.
#3blue_rellikPosted 6/25/2011 11:26:38 AM
Oh and Beach Spikers, which is a gem of a game for the Gamecube.
#4BobLazar2012Posted 6/25/2011 1:29:09 PM
it will never happen

also it would cost sega money to re-program the game to work on xbox 360 or ps3