My Second Ever Shining Game

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Shining the Holy Ark
  3. My Second Ever Shining Game
4 years ago#1
I've been waiting to play them until I learn Japanese but I broke down and played this one in. It's fantastic. It's my second ever after Sword of Hajya (LOVED), and I must say I am impressed. The different critical effects and animations really sold me on this one.

I don't like the huge grind to 99 from Hakkari's, but gotta do what you gotta do. Least it's not as bad as Birth By Sleep 99, I hope :(
www.youtube.com/apocalypse612
PM me if you wanna talk about JRPGs or something :)
4 years ago#2
lolx, yeah. The different critical and special effects from diff weapons really awesome. I never grind that much too. Usually advance lvl around 20+ to 30 for me. Grinding to lvl 99 was never my intention or habit, neither is waiting till lvl 40 then promote to advance.
--=}^InViNciB|3^n4K3Ey3^{=--
4 years ago#3
a great bump for.... nothing. Just getting bored here.
4 years ago#4
Yeah, getting to 99 is never needed in this game, and it's not even remotely fun. Maybe if there was some kind of optional, really hard boss, but there isn't. I also promote as soon as I'm able to, not any later, because I've heard the stat difference isn't noticeable unless you get to 99, which as previously stated is a huge pain. On a normal game I never get any higher than level 40 or so, so that's like 60 levels, maybe. And that's if I'm really slash happy.
http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2880810/1/Soul_Seeker
4 years ago#5
i think the stats diff can be quite some (or a lot), when whether to promote early or late. Or maybe must reach lvl 99 then noticeable or so.
4 years ago#6
Unless you're really power grinding, you're actually really hurting yourself with a late promotion.
4 years ago#7
yea true... Frankly speaking, even if i promote early, i also find it quite hard to real grind levels at late stage (even on hattaris). Maybe perhaps i am not a grinding person ba. whahaha
4 years ago#8
bump.... ...
4 years ago#9
Well I'm surprised people are still playing this game. This was (many years ago) my second Shining game too. After just coming off Shining Force III, needless to say I was a bit disappointed when it turned out to be a First Person dungeon crawler but the game really grows on you.
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know.
It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
4 years ago#10
bump.... its still a nice game afterall !
  1. Boards
  2. Shining the Holy Ark
  3. My Second Ever Shining Game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Multiple endings ...?TheDistorted137/8 10:27PM