Consider my ideas for a better Silent Hill movie.

#1SwiftnessPosted 4/5/2008 12:48:31 AM
Some brainstorming... the way I think Silent Hill should have been.

-Maintain disturbing/creepy vibe from when it's introduced.
-Change feel of movie throughout different games, chronologically.
-Use playlist on iTunes, “Silent Hill,” (which contains consider cutting several songs.
-First transition boss fight with “Dustman,” with the strange noises as the monster's groan. Short monster, different from first video game, although wide mouth. In really foggy area, only between the monster and one character.
-Have good variations in the characters.
-Be sure to have some of the main characters ghosts.
-Stick to most game monsters, while creating twice as many new ones.
-No general public or church goers; maintain feeling of isolation in a big town.
-Never let the audience out of the Silent Hill atmosphere once they are introduced to it, unless there is a short prelude including the oncoming vibe.
-Make sure to have a lot of really strange, creative and most importantly disturbing aspects that may or may not have been included in the game.
-Never spill out a bunch of information in a long segment; let discoveries be made throughout that requires the attention of the audience.
---
Careers are a twentieth century invention, and I don't want one. -Chris McCandless
#2sknmakPosted 4/6/2008 3:39:29 AM
-Have good variations in the characters.
-Never spill out a bunch of information in a long segment; let discoveries be made throughout that requires the attention of the audience.

Well that's few things the movie did correctly. Silent Hill movie could've been a lot better, but that's when happens when money is more important than the movie. Mix up the plot, keep a few things from the game, and ruin it. That basica;y how the "game to movie" usually goes. I'd rather the original directors actually direct the film.
---
http://www.soundclick.com/thevelvetnightmare
Brawl FC# 1976-9816-1225
#3friendlydudePosted 4/6/2008 3:03:18 PM
"Change feel of movie throughout different games, chronologically."

It would have been awesome if they were able to do this.
#4Swiftness(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2008 8:55:57 PM
It'll work itself out naturally with the music.
---
Careers are a twentieth century invention, and I don't want one. -Chris McCandless