The perfect intro?

#1namethatno1usesPosted 2/21/2013 8:19:38 PM
I remember that specific characters at specific times in the intro would match the music. I could never find the perfect formula for intro, but it goes something like this:

- Irrelevant, at the start someone looks back
Clip of Soul edge and dark seed thingy
-?
- Hwang
- ?
- Irrelevant, girl looking back

Cervantes pops up, 2nd half begins

- Cervantes
- Sophitia
- ?
- Kilik

-Irrelevant 6 portraits

Kilik is the only one by default who is in the "correct" place. His movements match the music by default.

Does anybody have the perfect order?
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#2coffee gumPosted 2/21/2013 9:41:07 PM
I think I had one intro that I considered the perfect (or least made the most since considering the story). I'm getting a new TV tomorrow and when it's hooked up I'll try firing up the DC to see if I still have it saved. Also, an all Voldo / Lizard Man intro can also be pretty amazing.
#3namethatno1uses(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:53:18 PM(edited)
I would really appreciate it. I fired up my old DC (which can barely read GD roms) and did some testing. My previous formula was lackluster, but it was from an around 10 year old memory bank in my brain.

Here's what I got. The ones with an * are 99% correct.

- Anyone

- Yoshimitsu*
- No idea...
- Hwang*
- Astaroth Voldo, or Seung Mina? They all kind of fit.

- Anyone (preferably a girl though)

- Cervantes*
- Sophitia*
- No idea here either... Nobody fits! :,(
- Kilik*

- Any 6 + 1 at the end.

I watched the intro about 20 times already. This is one of those things I want to see before my DC ever dies completely.

Also, an all Astaroth/Lizardman/Yoshimitsu intro feels.. so wrong.

Edit: 3rd edit. Just watched the intro 6 more times, missing only 3 places now! Yay!
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#4namethatno1uses(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 7:20:20 AM
Double post, sorry. I think I got it. However, I watched the intro so many times (around 40+) I'm actually not sure about the first 2 slots any more.Hard to put anyone there with absolute certainty.

- Anyone turning back

- Yoshimitsu?
- Voldo?
- Hwang*
- Seung Mina* (after a LOT of re-watching, she fits by far the best. Plus she being right after Hwang is nice)

-Any girl (I wanted to go with Xianghua, but she's still jailbait in SC1)

- Cervantes*
- Sophitia*
- Rock* (very happy to have found this, could focus on the 1st half of the intro with it)
- Kilik*

- Any 6 + 1

If someone has a better version, please post it. I'm pretty sure I either got Yoshimitsu or Voldo at the wrong place.
---
#5coffee gumPosted 3/1/2013 8:25:25 PM
Sorry for the delay. Finally found my VGA adapter so I could hook it up.

Maybe my intro isn't as "perfect" as I remember but the way I ordered it was more with the main characters from both Soul Edge/Blade and then the new characters in Calibur. Doesn't really match up to the music on the second half, but I like the way the first half flows outside of Seung Mina.

Siegfried turns around

Mitsurugi, Taki, Seung Mina & Hwang.

Sophitia

Kilik, Xianghua (3rd outfit), Maxi & Ivy

Kilik, Edge Master, Xianghua

Lizard Man, Cervantes, Knightmare

Voldo or Yoshimitsu

Again, doesn't fit the music on the second half but I was focusing more on the story.
#6namethatno1uses(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:12:07 AM
Thank you for posting! Sorry I'm a bit late with a reply. This is most likely going to be my final verdict on this: the more I try to find the right combo, the less sure I am about the 1st half.

I tried your version's 1st half. Although Mitsurugi is a great fit (the music changes right as petals start to fall), I still think it's Yoshimitsu. The part where he appears, sits down and then starts to spin all fit the different parts in the music.

I'm not sure about Taki. I'm not sure about the 3rd slot in general - nobody fits well. I wonder who it is? I literally tried everyone, but I haven't seen anyone *click*.

Hwang & Mina fit.

As you said, the 2nd half doesn't match too well. I'm VERY sure it's Cervantes-Sophitia-Rock-Kilik though.
The rest of the slots aren't important to the music so just stick your favourites in there! All that's left would be to capture the intro. Maybe I'll upload it somewhere someday.

Thanks for your input. This intro sequence will never be erased from my mind.
---