Okay, so I'd like to install this game on my computer, and I'm using Windows 7

#1thelovebatPosted 7/4/2010 11:51:43 PM
Topic, topic, topic. Help, help, help. So far I've tried everything I could ever find on message boards, but to no avail. And I would like it if the ships didn't disappear in space combat or have to deal with an unavoidable opening speech by the droid. Is it possible to get this game to install on my Windows 7 computer? And its Windows 7 home premium btw. I already have my copy and have tried everything to try and install this but it keeps giving me the same won't work with a 64 bit system error, which sucks.
---
"Too bad you can't reload your game and try again." Cassidy- Fallout 2
#2jhome12Posted 7/8/2010 4:33:07 AM

There are mulitple ways to go about this, andsuccess varies at times...

http://www.swrebellion.com/wiki/Rebellion:Windows_Vista

This is guide with multiple ways to get Rebellion to work on Vista. Since Windows 7 is practically a carbon copy of a Vista, the guide can be of use. Unfortunatly, problems with space battles and the droids remain, it is just something you have to deal with. However, I run this game on a Windows 7 and, after downloading the proper files, only have to deal with the unskipable droid briefings and a few minor issues, everything else works perfect, thatincluding the space battles.

Feel free to explore the forums on that site. There are multiple topics addressing this issue.

---

Evil will triumph because good is dumb! -LordHelmet (Spaceballs)

#3jhome12Posted 7/8/2010 4:44:02 AM

Btw, congrats on getting your own Star Destroyer in Jnwestray78's Let's Play Star Wars Rebellion Series ;)

--

Evil will triumph because good is dumb! -LordHelmet (Spaceballs)

#4thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 4:54:46 AM
Hahaha, no problemo. I've already looked at millions of forums for help but I'll check out what you posted. Wish I could play this game with no issues like you could on XP or 98.
---
#5thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 5:02:10 AM
Yeah, I've already looked at that topic a few times before. I'll try some of the methods again, but I'm not counting on it to work. If the Virtual XP were actually free, then I'd do that, but upgrading to professional costs almost $200. If I had to use the Virtual XP for more than one game, then I might consider upgrading to get it. Still pricy.
---
#6jhome12Posted 7/8/2010 6:03:25 AM

Something I forgot to mention...try switching thecompatibility mode of the game to a Windows 95, Windows 98, or even XP. Not sure if it will help, but I found by tweaking the mode a bit, I could make it runbetter.

--

Evil will triumph because good is dumb! -LordHelmet (SpaceBalls)

#7thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 6:39:32 AM
Okay, will do.
---
#8DannyPoo123Posted 7/28/2010 10:16:03 AM
This may sound really dumb because perhaps you already know it. But if you have a spare Windows XP install disc. Just install virtualbox (google it) then install windows xp through that ( a virtual operating system), then install star wars rebellion on that.

Another option would be to install this game on an XP computer, install the No-cd crack. And just copy and paste the install directory onto windows 7 and manually create an shortcut on the desktop. That should work, just run it in compatibility mode to be sure.
---
http://www.dbzwarriors.com/