Requesting help with mission 9: the reckoning? I need a full proof attack strat.

#1noblefatassPosted 6/6/2012 1:09:15 PM
I hate asking advice, before making my gamefaqs account, I always had to figure things out for myself.

I know I still have a ways to go, but I'd like to believe that I turned out pretty good, overall.

Anyway, I'm making this topic, strictly for the purpose of obtaining a winning strategum for the 9th mission in the 2nd Zerg campaign.

Time is of the essence, I'm not used to being pressured with a timer in missions, but whatever.

See, I not only want to complete this mission, I also want to unlock the bonus mission.

I'll tell you what I've been trying so far, once you get your posts in. Let's all try to keep professional here, huh?I have two questions, in no particular order.

1.Should I use my air forces first, create a diversion, and then charge with my ground troops?

2. Or should I focus all my firepower in one place, draw the enemy out of the protection of they're base, and then slowly, but surely, whittle they're numbers down, then charge once they've been weakened?
---
Once every 100 years [in my family that is]. A noble fata** is born
#2Big_NabenduPosted 6/8/2012 1:53:01 AM
Okay if I remember correctly.....
Ur fighting the white and blue?
Just build 70% Hydras 20% zerglingsand 10% ultis.

U can build Gaurdians to help with ground support. Whatever ur comfy with.

It always took me 5 to 6 minutes to beat the level once I start atacking. Just send them all together supporting one another. If they die build up more. Build a couple more Hatcheries (u dont have to upgrade them) and sunken collines in the north with the other ones.

Help this helped good luck!!!
---
Gnik nus eht semoc ereh.
Gnik nus eht semoc ereh. Gnihgual s'ydobyreve. Gnihgual s'ydobyreve. Gnik nus eht semoc ereh.
#3noblefatass(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 5:48:34 AM
Big_Nabendu posted...
Okay if I remember correctly.....
Ur fighting the white and blue?
Just build 70% Hydras 20% zerglingsand 10% ultis.

U can build Gaurdians to help with ground support. Whatever ur comfy with.

It always took me 5 to 6 minutes to beat the level once I start atacking. Just send them all together supporting one another. If they die build up more. Build a couple more Hatcheries (u dont have to upgrade them) and sunken collines in the north with the other ones.

Help this helped good luck!!!

Not to be rude, but how am I to afford all this? I mean, zergling are cheap, so that's not the problem. Hydras don't cost that much either, but Ultras cost 200 a pop. AND they take up 6 supply points, plus; guardians, although strong, bulky, and with huge range, I need to mutate them in to mutalisks, so that still means I have to wait. I'm not trying to complain, really, and I'm not trying to say your advice won't work. But I need you to be a bit more, specific with the amount of forces I should build. Please?
---
#4noblefatass(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 1:33:47 PM
So, what about the bonus mission? Are there any guaranteed strategies I could use, in order to unlock it?

I know I have to destroy the protoss base an 25 minutes, in order to do so. It's the methods I'm having trouble on deciding on, however.
---
More topics from this board...
A bold moveBig_Nabendu1216/27 1:04AM