Can't win Tai Ho dice game, 20+ tries, please help!

#1BiggieB99Posted 12/30/2008 4:58:58 PM
OK, a friend told me to get this game off PSN, and I was enjoying it until that HO! took all my money. EVERY time I play I get 1 of three possible rolls, usually on the very first throw:
1)triple 1's, this is the most popular flavor.
2) 1,2,3 series. second in frequency. equally disappointing.
3) die on table. seen this one maybe 3 times, keeps the losing fresh I guess.

What is the deal?! Most of these games were after reloading the game, so I thought, OK, he always wins the first game. I got more money, came back, BIG 3X1's!!! OK, MF, third time is gonna be my charm! Travelled south for awhile, came back with more money, and AGAIN 3X1 ON FIRST THROW! I have never gotten a third throw in 20 tries. 80% are 1 throw disasters. Timing and positioning of arrow does not seem to have any effect.

Is there some secret to this?! I have searched and have not seen anyone mention having this problem, or offer any strategies suggesting that it should even remotely be a problem. If somebody has a clue, please let me hear it. Otherwise, I'll just have to conclude the game is broken, and give up on it.

Thanks.
#2DarkKainDrgPosted 12/30/2008 5:20:45 PM
No real secret to it, it's possible to win but the odds are against you. Just save at the in with 1k and keep trying and reloading to save tie. It can take awhile but you will get it soon.
---
Buy Suikoden on PSN!! Spread the Word!!
PSN: DarkKainDrg
#3BiggieB99(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2008 6:28:32 PM
OK, I found the secret. I decided to give it a break after my post, and explored a bit more. I found a Peeing Boy on one of the monsters. Now finding a Peeing Boy out in the wild might not sound very lucky, and depending on his aim could be very unlucky. However, I found that it's value was 16K. Who woulda thought that there would be that much demand for Peeing Boys?! So I took this as a good omen and lo and behold, on about try 21 I didn't get triple 1's, I didn't get 1-2-3, I didn't get a die on the floor, I got triple 5's! My turn to bend you over you dirty Ho!

So, the secret is to get yourself a Peeing Boy, rub his head for good luck, then let the Ho have it. Worked for me, anyways.
#4donutbandit0Posted 12/30/2008 8:06:06 PM
I've never seen a monster drop a Peeing Boy before. You are way luckier than you think.

---
There are few things more disturbing than waking up in the morning, only to discover that you are dead for the rest of your life.