Extra Rage rune?

#1Strife McCloudPosted 9/25/2009 8:01:43 AM
I've looked around the net trying to find somewhere but to no avai. Was hoping/wishing/praying that all those guides are old and maybe someone here on the boards would know a place to grab one.

Any help is always appreciated.
---
WAZZAH!
#2Strife McCloud(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2009 8:06:26 AM
Ah nevermind. I just found one at the bottom of a recruitment guide i just looked up :P

For anyone else wondering. here is the excerpt from the guide:
"Where you fought neclord, go to south part of room, chest in middle of
room and very very hard to see. (I didn't find this rune for years)"

Credit to Hobson.

---
WAZZAH!
#3KFCrispyPosted 9/25/2009 10:10:17 AM
you can even sneak into Neclord's castle before visiting Warrior's Village and pick this up beforehand.
---
suikosource.com - Your Source for Suikoden
#4MoribalkenPosted 9/26/2009 12:12:24 AM
What I don't understand is why the upper tier runes are only available late in the game in Suikoden 1 and 2. By the time you can get Thunder and Rage runes, they're not even really that useful anymore. Especially in Suikoden 2.
---
Message From GameFAQs Moderation Staff at 2006-09-05 17:16:54
indiract flamin, its n the rules sherlocke
#5patapikachuPosted 9/29/2009 8:40:51 AM
If you get them from the very beginning, there is no point of having the basic tier elemental runes.

As for the issue with the mysterious rune shop in Sajah Village that only sells the higher tier after the final battle, that was just poor design. Suikoden II isn't a stranger when it comes to such flaws.
#6Hotel_SecurityPosted 9/29/2009 10:14:31 AM
Wow, I had no idea about the Neclord castle one either and I got this game when it came out. Mind = blown.
#7MoribalkenPosted 9/29/2009 2:08:06 PM
If you get them from the very beginning, there is no point of having the basic tier elemental runes.

I'm not suggesting that, I'm suggesting they give you them around mid game. I don't want to use Camus just because I'd like a Rage Rune on my team. You don't even get a Thunder Rune until you get Mazus. Neither of them can be removed, so it's completely restricting.
---
#8LancetJadesPosted 9/29/2009 2:48:35 PM
I'm seconding the "bad design" idea for why the higher level element runes are so rare in 1 and 2. They were probably not tested as thoroughly for balance as other RPGs usually are.

---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#9KFCrispyPosted 9/30/2009 11:30:04 AM
if you have access to the "better" runes even earlier, you'd just find the game EVEN EASIER. The upper tier runes are obviously not "balanced" because they basically are completely superior to their original versions.
---
suikosource.com - Your Source for Suikoden
#10MoribalkenPosted 10/6/2009 3:48:32 PM
if you have access to the "better" runes even earlier, you'd just find the game EVEN EASIER. The upper tier runes are obviously not "balanced" because they basically are completely superior to their original versions.

The difference between the upper tier and the lower tier is that there are a limited amount of upper tier. It's already impossible to lose in the game, why not give us a little more variety at least?
---