Better way to get Double Beat Runes

#1Saiya JinPosted 1/10/2008 10:18:26 AM
At the beginning, go beat the mist monster, then go back one screen and fight the rabbits.
As soon as you defeated one party, go back to the screen where you beat the mist monster and repeat the process.
Don't know 100 percent if it works for everybody, but I got 7 double beat runes this way in under 2 hours!

Good luck!
---
Dream Theater is the greatest band known to man
#2KFCrispyPosted 1/10/2008 1:12:51 PM
the rabbit enemies are the same no matter where you are in the storyline, so you don't need to follow specific steps at a certain time.. what really matters is how the random item drop is calculated, for instance, in Dynasty Warriors 5, if you set your PS2 clock to a certain time and finish a stage immediately, you will always get the same item or bodyguard or whatever - that tells us DW5's randomness calculation is based on the PS2's internal clock. i don't know if Suikoden would be able to read from an internal clock, maybe it's just based on how long the system has been "on".
#3Saiya Jin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2008 3:40:02 AM
*spoilers *

On the way back to Victors Fort, after being imprisoned by Rowd, I got 3 more this way!
Lucky?
---
Dream Theater is the greatest band known to man
#4Waffen8888Posted 1/12/2008 7:53:14 AM
If you're trying for Clive's quest taht won't work. The easiest way I found was to just progress through normally and if I didn't get any I'd reset it. On the way there and on the way back. It worked nicely usually getting at least 4.
---
"Now there's a face to break a few thousand mirrors!" - Shirox from Dragon Force
#5winds_01Posted 1/20/2008 4:22:47 PM
I can;t remember now, is north sparrow pass closed to you later on in the game? Meaning if I don't collect my double beat runes now, are they gone for good until the end of the game?
#6dawnquestPosted 1/21/2008 1:25:23 AM
Pretty much. Only the rabbits give those. And later on the enemies change elsewhere except banner pass IIRC.
#7rpgfreakazoidPosted 1/21/2008 8:45:48 AM
Above poster is spreading lies.

White Tiger enemies around Muse will drop them at a certain point in the storyline. Just after you visit Rockaxe.

That's the only point those enemies will drop them, however. And the White Tigers on the way to Gregminister do not drop Double-Beat runes.
---
Ahhh yes, Chicken Wings. The answer was always there right in front of us.-UberHydra
#8SmirnoPosted 1/25/2008 5:25:24 PM
Probably because there are no White Tigers on the road to Gregminster.

---
2nd lone ranger 4 lyfe
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Smirn
#9Waffen8888Posted 1/26/2008 6:54:07 AM
Not at that point in the game. White Tigers show up in Gregminster later on when you go there on the way back to Matilda. White Tiger's aren't commonly seen though in fights so it's not really worth it trying to fight them for the rune.
---
"Now there's a face to break a few thousand mirrors!" - Shirox from Dragon Force
#10magicmalcolmPosted 1/26/2008 6:58:46 AM
White Tigers show up in Gregminster later on when you go there on the way back to Matilda.

I think you're getting Gregminster and Muse City mixed up here.
---
MUFFIN!
I suggest you run. I suggest you ambulate as fast as the local gravity will allow.