the flying squirrels.

#1berti21Posted 2/8/2010 1:59:24 PM
is they some sort of extra requirement other then being alone to get these squirrels?
ive been trying to get the one between two-river and greenhill for ages now.

game position.
im just back from getting my money back from chaco and they want to see me in the war room.
#2berti21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2010 3:03:16 PM
theres got to be some more criteria to meet somehow. i mean u cant just spend hours waiting for it to pop is there has to be a calulation or system to make your odds better?

does luck play a part? how about carrying a caldeon earn which is dropped from the squirrels?
health being low? a certain exact part of the map?

anyone know anything thats of help?
#3BlueMage279Posted 2/8/2010 5:11:18 PM
I'm not positive on the locations, but as long as you have an open space in your party you can recruit them. You don't even have to be alone. Unfortunately there aren't any ways to increase your chances.

---
If Mittens saved baby penguin based on his beliefs, and Mitten's beliefs are not in his direct control, does Mittens really have free will? ~Maraka
#4berti21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2010 6:19:04 PM
well im thinking, ive completed suikoden II a few times but only ever gotten a couple of the squirrels.

and i think i got them late on with a high lvl with higher stats.

so im going to try again when ive maxed out my luck stat.
#5BlueMage279Posted 2/8/2010 9:06:16 PM
There's no evidence to support that luck affects finding the squirrels at all. Your chances of finding them will not increase.
---
If Mittens saved baby penguin based on his beliefs, and Mitten's beliefs are not in his direct control, does Mittens really have free will? ~Maraka
#6BlueMage279Posted 2/8/2010 9:08:44 PM
Note, according to suikosource, you have to get them in a certain order, and your Castle must be level 2:

http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S2

The squirrels are at the bottom of the list.
---
#7Duke DarkwoodPosted 2/9/2010 12:53:23 AM
Unfortunately there aren't any ways to increase your chances.

Number of empty spaces IS the way to increase your chances. As near as I've been able to tell - from in-game observation - it seems like it checks each empty slot for the chance to gain one of the Squirrels, until they join.

So, more empty spaces means more chances each time it checks.

At least, that's how I think it works based on my experiences hunting the squirrels.

One other thing for the TC, though - it checks every so much time, NOT after so many steps or when a battle starts. You could simply stand still and they'd eventually join. (It would, in fact, be faster, because it only counts the "on the field" time, not menu or battle time. Again, based on my own observations.)

If you're paying attention, and the room is quiet, you might even be able to hear the PlayStation whirr softly as it reads the data needed to add the squirrel.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#8KFCrispyPosted 2/9/2010 12:55:09 PM
you might even be able to hear the PlayStation whirr softly as it reads the data needed to add the squirrel.
that's how i got my first couple squirrels way back when. ah, memories...
---
suikosource.com - Your Source for Suikoden
#9berti21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2010 10:57:40 AM
well i got my luck to 255 and went back to try again..

when my luck was normal around 90 -115 ish i spent 5 hours and didnt get squat.

but at 255...

my first batte i got the one from two river to greenhill...then went back to the castle dropped it off and got richmond to reasearch the next one.. so while he was off i went out to try and get it. between forest and greenhill...nothing happened for 10 min so i went bk to richmond and read the report..went back and after about 5 mins i got it.

so i thought does richmond have to report it before u can get it? to does it help the odds. so i rsearched it and went onto the next one. and got it in about 30 mins or so.

now im onto the last one and havent got it yet after an hour or so. so im starting to think maybe uve got to be so far on the story or maybe theres something out there to improve my luck stat some more.

im going to look now..
#10berti21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2010 11:32:38 AM
okok :) im happy now i have all of them.. and im happy to report i think ur luc stat must have alot to do with it.. or the total luck of the team u have.

after trying to find something to up my luc stat i could only meg had one. so i thought i read somewhere to get another character ur team stat has to be above 400 on strength so why not the same here..
i put viki ,millie and meg in my team and my lucks stats was like this.

viki 147
hero 255
millie 141
meg 136

and after 5 or 10 mins of waiting along came the last squirrel.

might of been just lucky in myself but i really think the luck stat had something to do with it.