Recruiting Simone (Spoilers)

#1trinitymansonPosted 2/9/2010 6:47:37 PM
Hi,

I think I might have sold the Rose Brooch by accident, is there any other way to recruit or get this item? If not, how much is it going to affect the ending?
---
People who don't like cats were probably mice in a previous life.
#2Duke DarkwoodPosted 2/9/2010 7:28:23 PM
It can show up again. Just make sure it's been half an hour (at least!) since you last checked the Rare Finds at Banner Village's shop. Then save before checking. If the Rose Brooch doesn't show up, reload and check again. Until it does.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#3trinitymanson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2010 3:44:11 PM
That is superb, have to keep checking back there then. Yes, it is the little things in my life that make me happy. :D

Thanks for the info.
---
#4Duke DarkwoodPosted 2/10/2010 8:25:15 PM
Just don't check too often. That half hour is the key. It's how Rare Finds work:

BEFORE you check the store, the list is "undefined" - it will not roll up the results until you look.
AFTER you check, it's set in stone for 30 minutes... and the timer resets if you look again before time's up.
Then it's "undefined" again, until you look again.

You can use this to your advantage by saving while it is "undefined". Then you check, and if it's not what you need, hit reset, load the save, and look again. It won't be long before you get what you want (unless the randomizer really hates you).

This works for ANY Rare Finds list in the game. Or in Suikoden 3. (I think 4's works differently, but can't be sure... and I forget how 5 does it.)

I call it "Schroedinger's Rare Finds", heh. It is in quantum flux until observed, after all.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#5trinitymanson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2010 4:10:50 PM
Thank you. I only had to reload my game a couple of times. Thank goodness, I had a feeling the game wasn't going to be nice to me but it has been. Yay.
---
#6SealotPosted 2/12/2010 12:15:36 AM
IIRC you can get it from the climbing minigame too.
#7KFCrispyPosted 2/12/2010 2:46:51 PM
no, the mini-game prize is the item that is equipped for boosting unites. The one in the item shop just adds defense.
---
suikosource.com - Your Source for Suikoden
#8AtnevonPosted 2/12/2010 7:49:31 PM
Simone is tops.