freezing glitch? (small spoilers)

#1pancakejonesPosted 6/9/2010 1:32:44 PM
Everytime I fight the Abomonation boss the game completely freezes after about 4 or 5 turns. The CD is in pretty good shape as well so I'm not too sure why this has happened the last 4 times I have tried. I am playing on a PS3 though so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.
#2ZalagrenPosted 6/9/2010 2:45:02 PM
Dunno, that isn't known to commonly happen as far as I know. Solution would be to just power up a bit and beat him really fast. Unless of course the freeze occurs when you defeat him, in which case you're boned.

If you're playing on a PS1, opening and closing the lid is a random trick that sometimes helps during freezes depending on the game.
#3AsmodeanBTPosted 6/9/2010 2:51:57 PM
If you're playing on a PS1

Just out of curiosity, but did you consider actually reading the topic before you responded?

I am playing on a PS3

And yes, in my experience this game doesn't run that well on the PS3, at least mine doesn't.
---
Of course I'm sane, when trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.
#4ZalagrenPosted 6/9/2010 4:40:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, but did you consider actually reading the topic before you responded?

Yes, I did. If you must know, I was making dinner and left in the middle of the reply and forgot about the PS3 part. Oh well. I'm sure the OP will forgive me for this grievous error.

Still probably best to just nail him with a ton of powerful spells, like putting multiple resurrection runes on different characters and casting a bunch of charm arrows.
#5SIMStevenPosted 6/9/2010 6:42:23 PM
Just out of curiosity, Asmodean, did you come here to make a legitmate post?

Because it's obviously not. You obviously won't help him and would rather troll and be condescending towards him.
---
Forums are meant for discussion and communication. Did you forget?
Start using your brain when you post. This is not a chat room.
#6ZalagrenPosted 6/9/2010 7:35:32 PM
Actually, he was helpful. I never tried playing S2 on a PS3, so I wasn't aware it had any issues. Condescending too, of course, but that's just how he is. If you hate how he posts, just put him on ignore.
#7cyborga078Posted 6/9/2010 7:46:17 PM

I think Asmodean's just over-thinking on what Zalagren said. He just described a parallel example for the PS1 on that post. PS3 might just have been more complicated than anyone could have though.

#8cyborga078Posted 6/9/2010 7:46:38 PM
though* sorry for double post D:
#9ZalagrenPosted 6/9/2010 7:57:21 PM
No, he was correct. I legitimately forgot about the PS3 thing and for some reason thought he was playing on PS1.
#10cyborga078Posted 6/9/2010 8:09:32 PM
I see, alright then.