Suikoden I castle name glitch. Explain it to me, please?

#11SIMStevenPosted 10/25/2013 7:25:58 PM
Gameshark or naming your castle as the default name. Or at least with the same first letter, proper case, and not longer in total character count.
---
Help get MegaMan Legends 3 back in production. www.capcom-unity.com/devroom
Join the official Dev Room, sign the petition, and participate!
#12puriealPosted 10/25/2013 8:15:31 PM
You have to copy the Suikoden II save from a PSX memory card to a PS2 memory card (via the PS2 browser) in order to import it. PSX cards can't be read by PS2 games. Then there's the usual, save must be at such-and-such time, and possibly at a particular save point. I don't recall all of that. I'm pretty sure the instructions don't mention any of the requirements, with the possible exception of the copy step, so you're pretty well left out in the dark.
#13MegaMario1000(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 8:44:31 PM
And what is the specific place I need to save? The last save point before the final boss, like in Suikoden I, I presume?

---
Unofficial dude who really digs giant robots of every board.
Now playing: http://backloggery.com/sigs/sig.php?user=gurrenlagann
#14puriealPosted 10/25/2013 11:54:22 PM
If I remember correctly, it has to be in L'Renouille, just prior to the end boss fight. That's part of what makes it weird. It can't be a save from the end-game and any location because they forgot what all the event flags are or something.
#15SIMStevenPosted 10/26/2013 6:10:48 PM
I'm pretty sure it has to be after the boss and in the post-game part where you can play after you beat the boss. Just make it a seperate save file since you're unable to change your party.
---
Help get MegaMan Legends 3 back in production. www.capcom-unity.com/devroom
Join the official Dev Room, sign the petition, and participate!
#16puriealPosted 10/27/2013 9:02:54 AM
Well, the save listing here has one prior to the final boss that says it's ready for loading to Suikoden III.
#17SirWaWaPosted 10/27/2013 2:00:28 PM
get/use a gameshark to fix the naming issues in suikoden II
infact if u don't like what u used in suikoden I, change it in suikoden II via gameshark
fixed