1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 64
  3. how do you do a ground pound?
6 years ago#1
I haven't played in forever and I can't remember >.<
6 years ago#2
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
6 years ago#3
Too lazy to read the signs in front of the castle to learn the controls? Press Z in the air.
Help us make a fan-made Paper Mario flash game! Go here for more details:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/578054-paperboy
6 years ago#4
Press Z in the air.

That depends on what is going on. If you are in a dive position, then you can not dynamically do a ground pound. But if you're in a basic falling position, then you can press Z while in the air to pound the ground; do this when closer to the ground to take little (or hopefully zero) damage.

Most often, you can single jump and then press Z to ground pound. Double jumps and triple jumps can also end up with a ground pound. When it comes to battling the Big Boos, I crouch then backwards somersault (jump button) to gain enough height when the Big Boo comes close enough, then ground pound to hit the Big Boo.
Home Data FAQs Reviews Images My Games Answers Board Check Prices
And don't you forget it.
6 years ago#5
Strange, it looks like some of Chrisjh0223's post got cut off. Can you re-post that Chris?
6 years ago#6
Press Z in the air.

That depends on what is going on. If you are in a dive position, then you can not dynamically do a ground pound. But if you're in a basic falling position then you can press Z when closer to the ground to take less (or hopefully zero) damage.

Most often, you can single jump and then press Z to ground pound. Double jumps and triple jumps can also end up with a ground pound. When battling a Big Boo, do a backwards somersault (hold Z then press A) to gain enough height when the Big Boo comes close enough, then ground pound to hit the Big Boo.

There you go Buzsaw. ^_^
Home Data FAQs Reviews Images My Games Answers Board Check Prices
And don't you forget it.
6 years ago#7
Your post is still getting cut off. Hmm, I'll probably have to get some help on this issue.
6 years ago#8
press X and then Z, oh wait a minute...
6 years ago#9
^^
Problem solved. ZIMM's overly large URL was causing the problem; since that was modded you'll see fine now.
Prozium - As long as one may choose to take it by one's own volition, it would be a miracle drug for mankind.
Proud Winner of CyberSD's Fire Emblem Trivia.
6 years ago#10
Thanks for the clarification Distant_Rainbow. ^_^
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 64
  3. how do you do a ground pound?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived