Minimal A button challenge.

#31swedenmanPosted 8/18/2007 6:40:18 PM
Can anyone please post videos of getting "Shoot To The Island In The Sky" and "Mario Wings To The Sky" in one A press, because I don't see how either of them can be done in less than two. Or just an explanation would be fine.
#32mapler90210Posted 8/18/2007 8:59:24 PM
i believe i saw somewhere that it does not count as a press of the A button if you use a cannon to get to the island (all other uses of the cannons count, though). feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, though.
#33swedenmanPosted 8/18/2007 9:17:38 PM
Well, that seems to be the only real way to do it, but why wouldn't it count? If you ask me, that doesn't really make sense.
#34kirbymuncher(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2007 6:49:20 AM
You can get the one on the island by getting up there with the cannon and flipping into the box to get the star.

The coins in the rings can be gotten using one of the cannons not on the island along with a Wing Cap, it just takes a bit of flying.

---
Why are you all fighting, pokemon is a game of friendship. Link up and trade some Jigglypuffs - Athmel
#35swedenmanPosted 8/19/2007 7:21:35 AM
I understand that you can flip into the box on the island, but I've tried a ton to flip into the star after I get it out of the box, but I can't do it without pushing A. Am I just not timing it right or something, or is there some other way to do it?
#36swedenmanPosted 8/19/2007 9:25:33 AM
Okay, I was finally able to do them. For anyone who wants to know my methods, I'll write them down here:

Shoot to the Island in the Sky: Start off by running to the first slanted bridge. Now, start towards the top, and run directly off the right side towards the red box. Do a ground pound when you are right under it and you will get it if you did it properly. Now run up to the cannon that's up the bridge and past the fence that people generally use to get to the island in the sky. Now comes the tricky part. It may take some practice, but if you aim it just right with the wing cap on, you will run into the box without opening it. Also, if you do it properly, you won't bounce off the side, but you will simply stay there flying into the box. Once you are in this position, do a ground pound. You should open the box and get the star before hitting the ground. For those of you who didn't see it, the one "A" press was when you shoot out of the cannon.

Mario Wings to the Sky: This one's a little easier. First of all, get the wing cap in the same way as the previous star. Now run up the bridge, past the chain chomp, and use the teeter-totter bridge to get above the stairs. Now head over to the cannon that's over by the water bombs. Hopefully, this didn't take you so long that the wing cap has run out. Now aim yourself right at the island to begin with. Then move it a little to the right. Now move it up as far as it will go. Shoot yourself out of the cannon and you should be in a good position to get all the coins. Get the one that's highest up first. This may take a couple tries, as the wing cap might run out before you get all five. Anyway, as soon as you get all five, fly on down to the star (if the wing cap runs out, simply run over there) and dive into the star. Actually, you may need to dive and then jump out of the dive to get it, I can't remember.
#37mapler90210Posted 8/23/2007 11:34:41 AM
i got BitFS in 1 press. probably not new, though.
---
A) 101 down, 19 to go. B) 0 down, 1 to go. C) 12 down, 102(103?) to go. D) I'll think of something.
#38kirbymuncher(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2007 11:52:39 AM
How, exactly? I seem to remember trying that a while ago.
---
Why are you all fighting, pokemon is a game of friendship. Link up and trade some Jigglypuffs - Athmel
#39mapler90210Posted 8/23/2007 5:45:03 PM
i'm not very good at explaining things, so you can be more specific? as for the A press, it was to get off the pole in the area with the elevator. I can't find a way around it. does anyone have ideas for it?
---
A) 101 down, 19 to go. B) 0 down, 1 to go. C) 12 down, 102(103?) to go. D) I'll think of something.
#40kirbymuncher(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2007 4:44:53 AM
Oh, sorry, my fault. I guess I read your post to fast and thought you meant the first bowser level, not the second. As for the pole, I think that is unavoidable, so I guess one is the minimum.
---