how do you do a ground pound?

#1Microsoft_ZunePosted 8/23/2010 1:46:26 PM
I haven't played in forever and I can't remember >.<
#2Invader_ZIMMPosted 8/23/2010 2:03:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3yoda2323Posted 8/23/2010 7:19:52 PM
Too lazy to read the signs in front of the castle to learn the controls? Press Z in the air.
---
Help us make a fan-made Paper Mario flash game! Go here for more details:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/578054-paperboy
#4Chrisjh0223Posted 8/24/2010 1:08:04 PM
Press Z in the air.

That depends on what is going on. If you are in a dive position, then you can not dynamically do a ground pound. But if you're in a basic falling position, then you can press Z while in the air to pound the ground; do this when closer to the ground to take little (or hopefully zero) damage.

Most often, you can single jump and then press Z to ground pound. Double jumps and triple jumps can also end up with a ground pound. When it comes to battling the Big Boos, I crouch then backwards somersault (jump button) to gain enough height when the Big Boo comes close enough, then ground pound to hit the Big Boo.
---
Home Data FAQs Reviews Images My Games Answers Board Check Prices
And don't you forget it.
#5DisturbedBuzsawPosted 8/31/2010 3:04:16 PM
Strange, it looks like some of Chrisjh0223's post got cut off. Can you re-post that Chris?
#6Chrisjh0223Posted 9/1/2010 9:45:51 AM
Press Z in the air.

That depends on what is going on. If you are in a dive position, then you can not dynamically do a ground pound. But if you're in a basic falling position then you can press Z when closer to the ground to take less (or hopefully zero) damage.

Most often, you can single jump and then press Z to ground pound. Double jumps and triple jumps can also end up with a ground pound. When battling a Big Boo, do a backwards somersault (hold Z then press A) to gain enough height when the Big Boo comes close enough, then ground pound to hit the Big Boo.

There you go Buzsaw. ^_^
---
Home Data FAQs Reviews Images My Games Answers Board Check Prices
And don't you forget it.
#7DisturbedBuzsawPosted 9/1/2010 3:56:04 PM
Your post is still getting cut off. Hmm, I'll probably have to get some help on this issue.
#8BigTee66Posted 9/1/2010 8:29:35 PM
press X and then Z, oh wait a minute...
#9Distant_RainbowPosted 9/2/2010 2:50:57 AM
^^
Problem solved. ZIMM's overly large URL was causing the problem; since that was modded you'll see fine now.
---
Prozium - As long as one may choose to take it by one's own volition, it would be a miracle drug for mankind.
Proud Winner of CyberSD's Fire Emblem Trivia.
#10DisturbedBuzsawPosted 9/2/2010 1:36:42 PM
Thanks for the clarification Distant_Rainbow. ^_^
More topics from this board...
==Secrets of SM64, Part 7==mr_roberts_z5004/13/2008