Do you need the dictionary/mystery code in Shy Guy's Toy Box?

#1yawn12345Posted 6/4/2008 7:46:24 PM
Can you just hammer the boxes in the right order before getting the items? Or do you have to give them to Russ T?
#2LightningYoshiPosted 6/5/2008 5:31:41 AM
Go ahead and hammer the boxes.
---
Can i borrow a coin to get some soda?
Can Flavio borrow one of your arms to get the remote from under his couch?
~emeraldfox_09
#3DarkBlumierePosted 6/5/2008 7:06:18 AM
When I first played the game, I didn't know there was an easier way to hitting the boxes. I just smacked them in random orders till I hit the right order. Of course, I had to go through a couple of Shy Guys, but the experience was good.
---
I am DarkBlumiere. The Shadows of the Dark Prognosticus will control you.
#4BLKCrystilMagePosted 6/15/2008 11:59:00 AM
Either way, you should get the dictionary back, since you get a star piece and more of Russ T.'s fairly good advice.
#5LinkWizard91Posted 6/15/2008 5:34:46 PM
I actually found the trick to finding the right order without using the Dictionary/Message. Each box makes a different note when you hit one. All you have to do is arrange the notes from low to high and hit the appropriate boxes.

You don't even need to deal with the Shyguys if you get it wrong. You can just enter the next area on the right, and when you come back again they will be gone and you can start over. ^_^
---
"Life is too short to be taken seriously" --Shunsui Kyoraku
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/LinkWizard91/linkwizardsigfinal.jpg
#6Mario maniacPosted 6/15/2008 7:28:03 PM
Or when you deal with the Shy Guys holding the code, note the order of them: yellow, then green, then red, then blue. ; ) That right there gives you your answer.
---
Yessss! Shake that thorax!
#7LightningYoshiPosted 6/16/2008 4:18:57 PM
You guys know that there are clock gears in the sequel that are yellow, red, green, and blue, too?
---
Mario: I need a Lemon Drop.
Anti Guy: CAN I HAVE DAT THERE LEMON!
~KanGa2795
#8Hikari_YamiPosted 6/16/2008 7:03:15 PM
It'd probably be useful to return the items to their rightful owners, though.
---
"That's the spirit, mushroom man!"- A Luma, Super Mario Galaxy
#9marc5third3Posted 6/16/2008 8:07:47 PM
Or when you deal with the Shy Guys holding the code, note the order of them: yellow, then green, then red, then blue. ; ) That right there gives you your answer.

Sweet! I didn't know that. Clever observation
---
#10FloogalPosted 6/17/2008 5:51:17 PM
Huh, I never noticed that about the colours of the Shy Guys.

You know what would have been really cruel -- if the note said "What order were we in?"