The Super Smash Bros. Online Tournament

#1crashblast24Posted 1/5/2008 2:03:29 PM

With a month away of the release of brawl I decided I want to do an online Tournament of the classic SSB.

Now, before we begin I want everyone to know that you need Project64k and the rom. You can search these on google, to play online you must have internet (duh) and press Start Netplay on File. You will be on the Kaillera server. You then go to the Emularena Grounds server (it is from New York and SSB is very popular there) and I will host the game. (Ask me for any questions)

Rules:

- You may use Combos and any cheaptactic of killing an opponent (yes CHEAP tactics, so be careful!)

- You MUST have Kaillera online experience to be qualified

- NO GAMESHARK CODES

- Stage will ALWAYS be random

- If you fell down by accident that STILL counts

- You must have owned the game legally before play

- You can only choose ONE character which will be the same in every match

- Each match is 1 on 1

- Each match is set on different time or day on EASTERN time zone. Convert your time zone with Eastern

There is a limit of16 people, You also MUST use your Gamespot username in the Kaillera client, otherwise people with names that are not contestants will get kicked out

well, that's all, sign your name if you would like to join.

#2ChaosArbiterPosted 1/5/2008 3:12:51 PM
You also MUST use your Gamespot username
Lol. Hilarious, not allowing GameFAQs members to participate.
---
At the end of Painkiller, it says some demons were harmed in the making of the game. During BOOH, lots of demons were pwnz0red and 0wn3d.
#3J_SeigalPosted 1/5/2008 4:03:22 PM
Let's see...

- You may use Combos and any cheaptactic of killing an opponent (yes CHEAP tactics, so be careful!)
That rocks.

- You MUST have Kaillera online experience to be qualified
That's cool.

- NO GAMESHARK CODES
It can be selected the all chars and item switch codes? As data doesn't load online, it's essential to get Ness & co.

- Stage will ALWAYS be random
Please, no. Not for being rude, but random causes desynchs when playing online. Also, some stages, like Zebes and Mushroom Kingdom, are banned in tournaments, FYI. (For more information about that, check smashwiki-dot-com.

- If you fell down by accident that STILL counts
Well, like always.

- You must have owned the game legally before play
That's a bit hard because some people couldn't had the original cartridge.

- You can only choose ONE character which will be the same in every match
Well, just choose your main and done.

- Each match is 1 on 1
Less desynchs, so good.

- Each match is set on different time or day on EASTERN time zone. Convert your time zone with Eastern
Pffff... I'll see.

There is a limit of16 people, You also MUST use your Gamespot username in the Kaillera client, otherwise people with names that are not contestants will get kicked out
Question, how about people with high ping (me)? For example, I've got 125 usually in EGX.
---
I am a DEFENDER ICE LANCE IN THE PANTS member.
#4frozenthinoPosted 1/5/2008 4:43:43 PM
hahahahaha a-hem...
#5z0ckaPosted 1/5/2008 5:00:25 PM
p2p would be okay, but normal Kaillera... Hm, no. Also I don't see why people need to have "Kaillera experience". What does that mean exactly?
#6crashblast24(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2008 5:24:08 PM

ChaosArbiter posted...
You also MUST use your Gamespot username
Lol. Hilarious, not allowing GameFAQs members to participate.
---
At the end of Painkiller, it says some demons were harmed in the making of the game. During BOOH, lots of demons were pwnz0red and 0wn3d.

yeah, lol. Forgot about the brother site. Yes, this also means Gamefaqs.com

#7crashblast24(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2008 5:44:04 PM

Well, anyways. I'll make some changes to the rules.

- All stages except Zebes, Mushroom Kingdom and Pokemon stage are selected randomly

- NO GAMESHARK CODES (yes, I should have been more specific, EXCEPT for the All Characters code

- You can still qualify if your pings too high, but NO COMPLAINING ON LAG

- If a match Crashes or desynchs, you will have a rematch immediently.

- You must use your same gamespot or gamefaqs username

- Whoever drops out (for any reason) will forfeit the match, and the other user wins

- No Trash Talking/Chatting to the opponent

- Must have online gaming/chatting experience (actually everyone should know that...)

- I will update on who wins and loses after a match on this topic

Now sign your name, and the character your going to play with

#8BlarneyStoneXPosted 1/5/2008 6:00:43 PM
Too demanding.
---
Bah Smeagol? Bah Smeagol!
#9MC_ren_rulzPosted 1/5/2008 6:18:29 PM
LOL !!

Topic creator is killing me
---
Its ok , I censored my words with mosaics
#10metroid888Posted 1/5/2008 8:52:46 PM
Wow I've seen bad gamespot topics but this?? isn't this just kind of too far over the line?