Fox Tips

#1PappinAcePosted 7/25/2008 12:34:24 PM
I've been trying to master Fox lately, since I need to improve my character range. My fighting style with him has been built around lots of dash dancing and short hopping Dairs. I try to fire a lot of lasers in the air, but I can't seem to short hop double laser. How do people like Isai do it? Am I supposed to double tap B as fast as possible, or wait until the first shot is gone and press it again?

I've noticed Utilt, short hop, Dair, repeated is a good percentage builder. His best finishers are the Uair juggler and Bair, and also throwing and edge guarding with lasers and such. You guys have any other tips for combos I should master?

---
Please remove your hands from my baked delicacy. -Falco Lombardi
#2themidnightf0xPosted 7/25/2008 1:31:19 PM
Bair isn't a good finisher, it doesn't have enough power until too late. Up smash is a good finisher.
Also learn how to shine cancel. Simply jump and shine asap so that both the jump and the shine cancel out.

Also the key to shdl is firing the first laser as soon as you jump. If you do it correctly then you should be able to fire the second laser in time. If you can't fire it quickly enough, train yourself in 1/2 or 2/3 speed or whatever.
---
“That'll be $29.95...$2.00 for the tip, and $27.95 for being nice. PAYPAL!!!”-F678s
#3PappinAce(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2008 6:56:01 PM
Thanks for the shine cancel tip, I was wondering about that. Just jump and shine at the same time then. I've pulled off a couple of those SHDLs, I suppose I need to use left-C so I can get my finger to the B button in time.

---
#4themidnightf0xPosted 7/27/2008 10:22:31 AM
I just always use the left c button to jump because it's closer to the A and B. As for shine canceling, hold down, then slide your thumb from left c to b for the quickest cancel.
---
“That'll be $29.95...$2.00 for the tip, and $27.95 for being nice. PAYPAL!!!”-F678s
#5SwordWielderIIIPosted 7/27/2008 10:41:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jKptZmSlL8

That guy has a really nice fox. He is a contender for the best fox in europe.

Fox's Dtilt is a good combo starter in the beginning, goes into dair. Once it starts sending it too high, you use fox's jab to rack up damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjI49fJ5ttA

As you can see, jabs can be followed up by dashcancelled usmash for the kill.
#6PappinAce(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2008 12:11:15 PM
That was impressive. I've also found Utilt - Short Hop - Dair - Zcancel - repeat can be done a few times at lower percentages. What exactly is a dashcancel? Is it useful when finishing with a jab into Usmash?

---
#7futurewrestlerPosted 7/28/2008 1:56:46 PM
He just means going straight from running to upsmash rather than dash attack.
---
GTA- the most overrated game series of all time.
#8futurewrestlerPosted 7/28/2008 1:57:47 PM
^but when you are trying to jab+upsmash you don't run, you just jab, walk a couple feet, upsmash. No dashing involved.
---
GTA- the most overrated game series of all time.
#9themidnightf0xPosted 7/28/2008 10:23:44 PM
Usually for jab -> upsmash you don't even need to move.
---