Favorite classes for Denim?

#1ZodiaMasterPosted 12/1/2009 11:55:13 AM
My top 3 are:
1-Denim as a pure Beast Tamer.
2-Denim as a Gunner.
a)Knight-trained(also Dragoon) is the most balanced choice.
b)Ninja-Gunner is kinda ok too but ends having a really low damage by the end, good evasion though.
c)Berserker-trained deals massive damage, if it hits... The evasion is horrible and gunners are not exactly known for their excellent physical defense.Though the vitality and high HP -kinda- makes up for it.
3-Denim as a crossbow-wielding Dragoon.

I know my tastes are odds, especially the fact that I do not find Lord to be an appealing class.
---
The signature you entered contains possibly offensive language. Please change it.
#2The_MasamunePosted 12/1/2009 5:15:48 PM
Pure Beast Tamer Denim is a very durable choice, but it's somewhat lacking in the offense department. But the only real reason to make any character a Beast Tamer is if you plan on using L-size characters. Denim can end up being one of the most well-rounded characters in your army, but a Beast Tamer build seriously limits him from doing anything effective in the battlefield due to high weight (low evasion and middling accuracy) and sub-par attack power.

Gunner Denim suffers from the same things Beast Tamer does, but trades durability for extreme range. By the by, Dragoon with every 2-3 levels in Ninja makes for the best Gunner. Excellent accuracy and gains the Dex bonus of Dragoon.

The biggest thing here though is that these classes don't benefit from the automatic Lord growth that Denim gets during chapter 4, because neither of them make use of magic and they can only make use of one of either the attack or defense.
---
Asking a Doctor about working out and supplements is like asking a dentist if tattoos cause skin cancer. ~ WallFlower
#3ZodiaMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2009 6:33:28 PM
The real problem with whips is that unlike the rest of the melee weapons, you cannot grab a elemental weapon and give it to a unit of the same element and get insanely powerful units(Dragoons with Fire Swords, Terror Knights with the Gramrock), but the power itself of the whips is pretty much the same.

Rosebud has 33 and some of the best non-Hell Gate swords have 35. And in fact, it is better than non-Hell Gate spears(with the "exception" of Selye's spear), they do not go through the enemy, but frankly I find that more a bother than a plus most times anyway.

And anyway, shooting guns is cool, even if they are not so powerful <_<
---
The signature you entered contains possibly offensive language. Please change it.
#4ZodiaMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2009 6:43:42 PM
Probably what makes me dislike the Lord class is the fact the can used two sword, I find it weird.
A lord with a sword and shield would be more knightish and cooler.
---
#5ZekuMusashiPosted 12/2/2009 7:55:34 AM
I don't quite get why you're worried about defensive strength on a Gunner. If they get hit, you're doing it wrong.

I like Ninja/Swordmaster Denim. Both having the viable option of going Warlock isn't exactly bad either.
---
You want an awesome free Collectible Card Game?
~~~~~~~~ www.cardmasterconflict.com ~~~~~~~~
#6ZodiaMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2009 9:14:11 AM
Because not in every battle you can place your units far away in safety. And unlike generic Gunners, you have to take Denim in every battle(plus if he dies you lose, you cannot revive him). And you cannot change him to Ninja or anything along those lines once he is a gunner.
---
#7The_MasamunePosted 12/2/2009 5:00:29 PM
I never said anything about the Lord class. Denim gets the stat growth of a Lord during chapter 4 no matter what class he's in, and making him a Beast Tamer or Gunner wastes much of that growth.

And swords > whips, always.
---
Asking a Doctor about working out and supplements is like asking a dentist if tattoos cause skin cancer. ~ WallFlower
#8ZodiaMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2009 9:51:56 PM
I know, I just felt like commenting it.
The only good swords are the two handed ones. The other suck in the coolness department, they do high damage because of elements. But that's the makers fault <_<
---
#9RayluzPosted 12/3/2009 12:43:19 PM
Anything with a solid Ninja root. Ninja's move range coupled with warp is so exploitable.

My last run was Chaos and I went Ninja>CK for stats, then went back to Ninja once I felt I had enough Str to cause harm with the class. It was solid and trust-worthy.

For Law it's the usual Berthe Ninja>Swordsmaster.

For Neutral I like Ninja pretty much all the way, unless I can stomach the Gate, in which case I switch to Warlock.
#10The_MasamunePosted 12/5/2009 4:59:56 AM
You're doing it backwards. A Terror Knight raised mostly as a Ninja is far more useful than a Ninja with a few levels of Terror Knight. The primary use for TKs is their chaos aura so that you decrease the usefulness of enemy units in range. For a ninja, unless half of its levels come from a more powerful class (Knight, Dragoon, Berserker), its attacks won't be doing significant damage by late chapter 3.

What I'm getting at is there are far better ways to increase damage output of your Ninja than a few cross-trained levels in Terror Knight.
---