Guide Update

#1Marsil79Posted 5/19/2013 12:47:00 PM
Long time no see. I think I haven't touched the game for about two years. But I have still lots of half-written sections for the guide and it would be a shame not to finish the work.

So, I have submitted an - admittedly - small update, and I hope it will be online in a few hours. Aside from correcting some typos and touching up some maps, I have also started a spellbook section. Once this section is finished, I will add a very thorough debug room guide.
#2echa_OnePosted 5/23/2013 7:18:07 PM
Cool, thanks. I'm restarting this again today. I'll be using your guide :)
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#3RagnawindPosted 5/27/2013 7:56:54 PM
I jut recently got the game for $64.85 at a local game/anime shop. If I need help with anything, I will most likely use your guide, myself. Now, with the purchase of this game and Tales of Destiny II (Eternia), for $119.85 at the same place, I have all North American released Tales games EXCEPT Tales of Vesperia, considering I don't have or plan to get an X360.
#4SleazyBreezyPosted 5/29/2013 7:13:21 PM
Awesome! I've just started yet another playthrough of this game, my favorite of all the Tales games. Going to play both the NA and JP versions of the PS1 game simultaneously, methinks. Your guide is definitely the best.

Have you seen the recent discovery of a FF9 sidequest that no one in the USA knew about until recently? With all of the buggyness and randomness of the code in this game, I wonder if there are sidequests/things in Destiny we know nothing about...
---
"Hey baby -- You know I've met a lot of cool chicks
But I've never met a girl with all her own teeth" -- New Order, "Fine Time"
#5Marsil79(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2013 8:46:41 PM
Thanks for all the replies. The next update is coming in about 2-3 weeks.
If you find any mistakes in the guide, please be sure to post them here.

SleazyBreezy posted...
Have you seen the recent discovery of a FF9 sidequest that no one in the USA knew about until recently? With all of the buggyness and randomness of the code in this game, I wonder if there are sidequests/things in Destiny we know nothing about...

We already have a lot of obscure and previously unknown information in the guide. That being said, there are certainly still a lot of things we don't know, yet. Probably nothing major as in FFIX though.
#6Imperial_LyonPosted 5/31/2013 8:54:27 PM
Actually amazed someone is still writing a guide for this game. There's some great nostalgic value to this game, but I've always wanted a singular yet comprehensive guide for oldies like this.

I look forward to playing this game again with your guide. Looking through it, I've already found stuff I had no idea about (infinite G. Capes). Awesome.
#7LuckSeekerPosted 6/8/2013 1:14:08 PM
Marsil79 posted...
Long time no see. I think I haven't touched the game for about two years. But I have still lots of half-written sections for the guide and it would be a shame not to finish the work.

So, I have submitted an - admittedly - small update, and I hope it will be online in a few hours. Aside from correcting some typos and touching up some maps, I have also started a spellbook section. Once this section is finished, I will add a very thorough debug room guide.

good to know!
I just checked your guide it seems there are some minor mistakes
for instance:
the treasure for the TERAZZI WAREHOUSE SOLUTIONS ---> the (1,2,3,4) should be for diamond instead of channeling

I don't know if you're FAQ is based on jap version or NA version ~ I'm playing NA now ~
#8Marsil79(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2013 11:28:26 PM
LuckSeeker posted...
good to know!
I just checked your guide it seems there are some minor mistakes
for instance:
the treasure for the TERAZZI WAREHOUSE SOLUTIONS ---> the (1,2,3,4) should be for diamond instead of channeling

I don't know if you're FAQ is based on jap version or NA version ~ I'm playing NA now ~

Thank you. I don't know how that happened. The FAQ is based on the NA version, and I wrote it while playing so I hoped that such things wouldn't occur. If you see other mistakes, minor or major (hopefully not the latter), please report them here.

Regarding the next update, I finished the spellbook and also reworked the bestiary a bit. I will submit it in a few hours.
#9Marsil79(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 8:30:53 AM
The update has been submitted. The next update will - hopefully - come in 3-4 weeks. We will add a section about the Debug Room and Debug Mode.
#10Bkstunt_31Posted 6/12/2013 7:14:46 AM
Been using it, thanks for your work!
---
The Blitz Knight rides again!
Facebook: http://Facebook.com/Bkstunt -=- Website: http://Bkstunt.com