Keeps freezing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Thief Gold
  3. Keeps freezing

User Info: Iminyourcloset

Iminyourcloset
5 years ago#1
Running this on the family office computer, it's a pretty standard one and not meant for gaming, but old games like this run fine (usually).

The game crashes 1-3 minutes into the tutorial, or instantly on the first mission, and I don't know what to do. A patch I dowloaded doesn't sem to work, and I don't know if this computer has dual processors, which apparently causes problems with this game.

Has anyone found a simple fix?
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR

User Info: A_A_Battery

A_A_Battery
5 years ago#2
Very simple fix, if it's the problem I think it is. It all depends on if you're using a multicore computer (which many are these days).

Press alt + ctrl + del, go to the process of the game, right click on it, click on set affinity, then unselect all the processors except for a single one of your choosing. It is important that you do this before loading a game, so do it when the game is on the main menu. Once you do that the game should run smoothly.

You need to do this every time you run the game.

User Info: Iminyourcloset

Iminyourcloset
5 years ago#3
That seems to have fixed it, thanks.
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
  1. Boards
  2. Thief Gold
  3. Keeps freezing

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Gold?! v.5deadly virus651/18 1:52AM