Keeps freezing

#1IminyourclosetPosted 7/2/2011 8:13:55 AM
Running this on the family office computer, it's a pretty standard one and not meant for gaming, but old games like this run fine (usually).

The game crashes 1-3 minutes into the tutorial, or instantly on the first mission, and I don't know what to do. A patch I dowloaded doesn't sem to work, and I don't know if this computer has dual processors, which apparently causes problems with this game.

Has anyone found a simple fix?
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#2A_A_BatteryPosted 7/2/2011 11:46:22 AM
Very simple fix, if it's the problem I think it is. It all depends on if you're using a multicore computer (which many are these days).

Press alt + ctrl + del, go to the process of the game, right click on it, click on set affinity, then unselect all the processors except for a single one of your choosing. It is important that you do this before loading a game, so do it when the game is on the main menu. Once you do that the game should run smoothly.

You need to do this every time you run the game.
#3Iminyourcloset(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2011 4:53:12 AM
That seems to have fixed it, thanks.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
More topics from this board...
Gold v.4deadly virus21312/16 3:23PM