never played Tomb Raider, going to start with this one...

#1IndegoRunePosted 5/17/2013 10:21:20 PM
Its like, the one series I never touched as a kid (didn't wanna play as a girl, lol) now I'm 23, and willing to give it a shot.

Pointers?
---
3DS Friend Code "2921-9190-9260"
PSN 'IndegoRune Xbox 'Indego Rune'
#2Shotgunnova(Moderator)Posted 5/19/2013 2:20:19 AM
The control scheme demands precision, so you should spend some time just learning the ropes -- jumping around, flipping, leaping to grab stuff, when you need to hit the jump button during a sprint to avoid running off a ledge, etc. Once you intuitively can get the controls down, the exploration gets ten times more fun. And there'll be plenty of that, since the levels are fairly massive and have many secrets to uncover. [The game can be a bit glitchy, for better or worse, though.]

Oh, and Lara's default pistols don't use ammo, so they're a good standard weapon for most encounters. You'll want to save shotty and magnum ammo for the more annoying foes -- don't squander 'em! Same goes for save crystals. They're found at set locations and are one-time-only, so you'll have to pick the best time to use the suckers. [Health, ammo, etc. doesn't get replenished post-save, so saving when in optimum condition can be a good idea.]

As a fun aside, if you're playing on the original CD, you can put it in a CD player and hear some clips and tunes from the game. Been awhile since I tried (in fact, I just threw out my player the other day!) but I think there's about 50 tracks when heard this way.
---
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame
#3IndegoRune(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 10:13:02 PM
Got it on PSN beat the first level, the other day, haven't touched it again, yet.
---
3DS Friend Code "2921-9190-9260"
PSN 'IndegoRune Xbox 'Indego Rune'
#4SpiralDriftPosted 5/23/2013 10:21:53 PM
The first few levels are fairly simplistic. It picks up pretty fast though.
---
Do unto others what your parents did to you.
#5pure mind gamesPosted 5/28/2013 7:46:42 PM
Maybe it's because I played it first but I prefer the Anniversary edition
---
Parasite Eve(Blind) Episode 06 - Day 5(pt2) - http://youtu.be/LBSRVjP0IVA
Parasite Eve(Blind) Episode 07 - Day 5(pt3) - http://youtu.be/aj5kyYAQVf8