Why won't this game run on PS3?

#1AWing PilotPosted 11/12/2008 6:25:46 PM
Does anyone have any tips to get it to run? I have one of the PS3's with PS1\PS2 hardware. After selecting new game it just sits on a black screen.
#2rikkuster26Posted 11/13/2008 10:04:06 AM
Really? Mine seems to work just fine. I don't seem to have any problems except for the fact that Lara can not respond to some compound commands (like that's something new...).
---
shido214 - Xbox, big cherries, jingle bells, magic cheese....SEPHIROTH!
Ginzu_Arai - "What it lacks in deflection, it makes up with distraction"
#3AWing Pilot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2008 5:55:20 PM
Yea, ever since the new update my PS3 won't play Tomb Raider 1 or 2. After selecting Start Game it fails to load the next FMV
#4AWing Pilot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2008 5:57:39 PM
Also, could you tell me what PS3 you have and what firmware it's running?

I'd appreciate it.
#5_oddheadPosted 11/15/2008 4:36:13 AM
The official PS3 site states there shouldn't be any problem. I've sold my PS3 though I did play TR2 on it, with no problems.

This should be pretty obvious but you did check that the disc is in good condition? Can you try it on another console?

---
You are probably less complicated than you think.
#6AWing Pilot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2008 7:21:23 AM
I know that they have played on mine before the latest FW updates. I tried them on the kiosk at the Wal-Mart running the previous version and they worked fine.
#7_oddheadPosted 11/15/2008 10:09:26 PM
Well, there you have it, it's very likely a firmware problem - firmware's more concerned with fixing ps3 bugs than running ps1 discs. There's a chance that it's only the first FMV that's screwed up; maybe you could try starting a new game on another console, saving, and transferring the save file to your console.

---
You are probably less complicated than you think.
#8ofthefootPosted 11/15/2008 10:29:00 PM
i am having the same problem but it happens with both tr 1 and 2. when i press new game on both it just stays on a black screen. anyone got any ideas?
#9AWing Pilot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2008 8:28:45 AM

Well, there you have it, it's very likely a firmware problem - firmware's more concerned with fixing ps3 bugs than running ps1 discs. There's a chance that it's only the first FMV that's screwed up; maybe you could try starting a new game on another console, saving, and transferring the save file to your console.

Tried that with a save here and one I made. Didn't work but thanks.

i am having the same problem but it happens with both tr 1 and 2. when i press new game on both it just stays on a black screen. anyone got any ideas?

Both games don't work for me either. What PS3 do you have and what firmware?
#10rikkuster26Posted 11/17/2008 9:59:24 AM
Is anyone having problems with the game freezing when trying to open the menu (press Select) or pressing Start to pause? It's only happened once so far at the start of 40 fathoms but after i started to explore a bit I pressed Select (not remembering what happened previously) and it worked.
---
shido214 - Xbox, big cherries, jingle bells, magic cheese....SEPHIROTH!
Ginzu_Arai - "What it lacks in deflection, it makes up with distraction"