Does anyone play this game anymore?

#1CleskerPosted 8/16/2011 3:31:38 PM
I've recently started replaying this amazing game and thought maybe I could come to the boards here and still see veterans discussing it. I guess I was wrong. It's a real shame to see so many people flocking after the newer games instead of waxing nostalgia with the older games. I find this game to be a lot more rewarding and challenging; it actually gives me incentive to play and find all the secrets and use my brain in progressing through the story. Sure, the graphics aren't that great and the story is mediocre, but there are still some redeeming qualities that the newer generation of gamers tend to overlook, specifically because they've been spoiled and didn't grow up with the classic games.

Oh well. At any rate, if there are any here that still enjoy this game as well as the older classic ones, please post so at least I know you exist. :)
#2emokid350Posted 8/18/2011 12:49:42 PM
i still play this game especially all of the other Tomb Raider games like 1 2 3 and 4 im 16 yrs. and what got me into the series was my little sister when she picked up The Last Revelation from EB Games and i was amazed so then on my 14th birthday i asked my dad to get me Legend and after that i gotten into the series so whenever i visited PSN i saw all of the Tomb Raider classics and i literally cried to my parents to get me a PSN card and i have to say Tomb Raider 1 2 and 4 were the best i was amazed by the series yes i did give alot of this but it is still my favorite adventure im glad they came out with Lara Croft she's the best female character in Tomb Raider games
---
Lightning:"my blade'll fix this"
PSN: assomekid350
#3Ichiko_368Posted 8/19/2011 3:48:29 AM
I picked it up for 2 bucks at a second hand electronic store, haven't played it in like 10 years. Still haven't played it yet but i plan too soon.
---
"Vince does not like the universe, so he created his own and he is the ruler of that kingdom." - Paul Heyman.
#4emokid350Posted 8/21/2011 1:17:00 AM
2 bucks?! i had to buy it for $5.99 and download it from PSN
---
#5Ryo2013Posted 8/21/2011 2:04:45 PM
emokid350 posted...

i did the same thing man, i recently downloaded it on my PSP after not playing it for so long at my sister's house. the only thing difficult about the PSP version is that you need to choose what your L2 and R2 buttons are, since there's no L2 or R2 on the PSP system. Still an awesome game!
#6emokid350Posted 8/21/2011 7:47:45 PM
RIGHT! the game is awesome and there is an L2 and R2 button well not button but its the analog stick left is for L2 and right is for R2
---
#7Clesker(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2011 11:10:59 AM
Wow, I'm surprised to see so many responses! I'm in the Barkhang Monastery now but I'm stuck. :P I have 4 prayer wheels and the guy whose guide I'm using found them in a different order. If there's someone that can point me somewhere where it lists the prayer wheel locations then I would be very appreciative. :)
#8emokid350Posted 8/23/2011 7:12:38 PM
im not even that far into the game yet im still at the Wreck of the Maria Doria level
---
#9Ichiko_368Posted 8/24/2011 10:42:56 AM
emokid350 posted...

Haha well thats a plus about getting it at some second hand electronic store no-one goes too. 6 bucks is still good.

Damn i still haven't played it, as a kid i could NEVER get passed the venice level, i sucked lol.
---
"Vince does not like the universe, so he created his own and he is the ruler of that kingdom." - Paul Heyman.
#10emokid350Posted 8/25/2011 1:17:30 PM
i couldn't get passed it either i had to read the walkthrough to get pass the entire level
---