Can this play on a Windows 7?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ultima Collection
  3. Can this play on a Windows 7?

User Info: JimmyMimpson

JimmyMimpson
5 years ago#1
I know it's a stretch, but I wanna try ths series! If so, how do you set it up?
Currently playing: Dragon Warrior, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Kirby Mass Attack, Super Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem 8

User Info: x_loto

x_loto
4 years ago#2
It should be able to run using DOSBOX. It's pretty easy to use, and I play it that way on Windows XP; I imagine it works the same way for 7.

...Say, you just posted over on the Dragon Warrior board, didn't you?
Let's Play: Side x Side -- Every Version of Past Games, Together! -- http://letsplaysidexside.blogspot.com
This space intentionally left blank. Hello sailor.

JimmyMimpson
4 years ago#3
Yup, sure did! I'm new posting on this site, but I've been lurking for years. Anyway, what is DOSBOX and how do I get it? Also, how much would this go for on Ebay?
Currently playing: Dragon Quest, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Super Mario 3D Land

User Info: x_loto

x_loto
4 years ago#4
DOSBox is an MS-DOS emulator. Basically, it lets you run old programs that Windows has "forgotten" how to handle, by making the computer "pretend" to be a DOS machine. You can download it from...well, I think there's a dosbox.com or something. ^_^

As for the Ultima Collection, I saw copies ranging from $15 + shipping to $175. For comparison, when it was new, it was $20.
Let's Play: Side x Side -- Every Version of Past Games, Together! -- http://letsplaysidexside.blogspot.com
This space intentionally left blank. Hello sailor.

JimmyMimpson
4 years ago#5
tnx for the info. I may end up not getting it due to price and my parents' phobia of downloading things, but thanks anyway, now I at least know what to do if I get an opportunity! :)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Super Mario 3D Land
  1. Boards
  2. Ultima Collection
  3. Can this play on a Windows 7?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived