Just started, any advice?

#1LostKarmaPosted 6/7/2012 1:55:40 PM
I've recently got a PSP and I've been replaying and playing for the first time some old PS1 games.

I think I'm 80% done with FF tactics and I was going to start Tactics Ogre but I decided to go with this instead. I did own Vandal Hearts 2 many years ago but found it a bit difficult ( no guides back then! )

I've been reading the board and I think I'm going with the "Ultimate Group" team, though I'm not using Monk, just having pure healers.

I don't think I'll be upgrading the main character to his final class, because I don't think I will find everything I need and I don't really want to read a guide all the time.

Are all story battles based off the main characters level? Or is that just the secret dungeon. Assuming I don't upgrade his final class is this going to cause me problems in the late game?

If the main game is based off his levels would it be a good idea to just ignore him, have him at the back and only use him as a last resort?
---
-----
#2Zadrieck_VH7Posted 6/8/2012 6:20:42 AM
LostKarma posted...
I've been reading the board and I think I'm going with the "Ultimate Group" team, though I'm not using Monk, just having pure healers.

Monks are still interesting in that they fighter-healer hybrids with the best defense spell in the game (Perfect Guard).

I don't think I'll be upgrading the main character to his final class, because I don't think I will find everything I need and I don't really want to read a guide all the time.

It's pretty much impossible to lose with Vandalier Ash, so if you still want challenge you're better off not upgrading him.

Are all story battles based off the main characters level? Or is that just the secret dungeon. Assuming I don't upgrade his final class is this going to cause me problems in the late game?

Just the Trials of Toroah. The rest of the battles all have fixed levels for the enemies.

If the main game is based off his levels would it be a good idea to just ignore him, have him at the back and only use him as a last resort?

If you plan on doing the Trials, leave Ash alone until you get finish all of them.
---
I disagree with all of you.
Currently playing: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West; LSD: Dream Emulator; Team Fortress 2
#3LostKarma(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 9:50:01 AM
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll leave the trials and just play the main story.

I really like the art style and the story seems interesting, just got some new characters. Hope it doesn't get too difficult, I'm pretty bad at these games :-/
---
-----
#4Zadrieck_VH7Posted 6/10/2012 6:24:21 AM
I didn't think much of the art style at first, but now that I think about, I guess it's pretty unique. The story is great too, but it lacks character development.

The difficulty? Depends on how well you plan your moves, which gets harder on more complicated map settings. Keep in mind that you can manipulate enemy movements, but I won't tell you how.
---
I disagree with all of you.
Currently playing: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West; LSD: Dream Emulator; Team Fortress 2
#5crazyisgoodPosted 6/27/2012 12:40:39 AM
beat the game
---
Save my Villain Day 45 (Spoilers) http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/63224736