This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone know a good place to get Gold and Experience? *SPOILERS*

#1darthmoose87Posted 11/11/2008 12:31:43 AM
I'm at the end of the 2nd disk and I keep losing to Deus. I would buy better equipment but I'm always low on gold and the guide I have says I should at least be at level 75 when facing him. Anyone know a good place where I can acquire plenty of gold and experience?
#2DarkCharly27Posted 11/11/2008 12:58:47 AM
Deus has a trick to hit for about 3 or 4 of its turns dont ATTACK IT unless yur chargin up for lvl 3 deathblows then defend about 3 or 4 turns and it should almost KILL itself then just FINISH it off its an annoying boss bc it will heal if u hit with everything...Oh theres lizards in the dungeon with the pedastal kill as man lizardman as u can best way to make money EVER!
---
"Only the strongest can eat pie!"
#3darthmoose87(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2008 1:03:32 AM
What? I don't understand you well. I'm in the Final Dungeon.
#4DarkCharly27Posted 11/11/2008 2:04:04 AM
Final Dungeon? Well theres some angle worth alot of EXP but besides that not much there dood remember the 2 dungeons before the world map is excess-able? one has a lizardman at the bottom its the one with a pedastal in the center of the room basically fall down to the bottom and fight lizard men the water dungeon with that puzzle about the gallons of water dood
---
"Only the strongest can eat pie!"
#5darthmoose87(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2008 9:55:05 AM
Are you talking about the Anima Relics?
#6Duke DarkwoodPosted 11/11/2008 11:08:58 AM
EXPERIENCE:
Final Dungeon. Power Seraphs are worth the most, but are relatively rare. Have Hercules Rings (Personal accessory, doubles gained experience) on if you have any (I think there are two total in the game, so someone will be without).

MONEY:
Plan A: Snowfield Monsters. Some of the enemies on the overworld in the snowy islands can drop Gold Helms and Gold Armor, both of which sell for a lot.

Plan B: Anima Relic Dungeon #2: Most enemies here drop things that can sell well at the shop-thing where Kislev's central building used to be. In specific, the Croaker Tribe enemies (which always come in packs of six) drop items worth over 1k each. (If you have the Trader Card, the drops are guaranteed! GUARANTEED!)
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#7Dark-DragonPosted 11/12/2008 9:08:13 PM
Well you definitely don't need to be level 75 to beat Deus.
Read this guide for strategy tips on beating Deus and how to earn quick cash.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/199365/50268
#8Duke DarkwoodPosted 11/12/2008 10:54:24 PM
OK, I can only think of two guides that might have such a level suggestion.

OK, it's not the first one I checked (the suggestion is, if anything, even higher, and I wish that surprised me).

... yup, it's the OSG. "Anything over 65 is doable, but 75 is better."

Silly OSG. Mostly decent, but doesn't know things like the godliness of the Omega Setup or Ether Overkill.

OMEGA SETUP (Use for physical attackers):
Engine: OMEGA100 (1,000 Output, 1,000 Fuel)
Frame: Best for each Gear.
Armor: Meh, Z Alloy 80/30 or Z Gold 100, your call. Prioritize maximum physical defense (1,000), or have decent Ether Defense (300) and relatively high Physical (800).
Accessories (Gear): GNRS50, GNRS50, Deathblower 1
(Carry one Z Charger in inventory, to swap in if needed, in battles on the way down. Just one; as it's only a one-battle-swap-in, you'll be sharing it between all Gears.)
Accessory (Pilot): Speed Shoes

All other equipment is left at your discretion.

USAGE:
Turn 1: X attack.
Turn 2: TX Deathblow.
Repeat until it dies.
We are talking over 20,000 damage every two turns, for only 50 fuel (30, then 10+10). In addition, the Speed Shoes confer an auto-Booster effect to Gears, with no fuel penalty.

"But I have only 1,000 Fuel! Won't I run out?"

Every Gear Dungeon in Disc 2 has a refueling service Fixbot. The final dungeon has three, one before the final fight itself.

"But still, how will I heal?"

Heal what? You are killing things so fast, they'll be lucky to get hits in in the first place! If you take even half your HP total in damage before reaching a fixbot, you're doing something wrong; the worst things you'll have to deal with are the Seraphs' Halo attacks, and it will take at least a few of those to bring you into anything resembling danger.

"OK, OK, I get it, we're gods of destruction. But you meantioned an Ether setup?"

Yeah. Some people might fare better with a setup taking advantage of their Ether attacks - or Ether-based Special Options. Billy (his Jessie specials), Maria (Gravity Cannon), and Emeralda (all-target Ether skills) are good choices for this setup. So, without further ado:

.... we hit the Post Limit.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#9Duke DarkwoodPosted 11/12/2008 10:55:02 PM
So, without further, further ado:

ETHER OVERKILL:
Engine: X70-8000
Frame: Best for Gear
Armor: Z Alloy 80/30 or Z Gold 100 (as with the other setup)
Accessories (Gear): 3 Power Magics OR 3 E Circuits (Power Magics provide higher boost to your EthAmp stat, but have a higher "weight" factor (a hidden attribute which reduces Gear Agility).)
Accessories (Pilot): Speed Shoes, EtehrDoubler, EtherStoneLg

USAGE:
Blast away with the Ether attack or Special Option of your choice. Note that the Ether Doubler will double the EP cost of Emeralda's spells. However, the Special Options that Billy and Maria have cost Fuel, not EP - therefore, the EtherDoubler won't affect their cost. (2 * 0 EP = 0 EP)
The Speed Shoes are there for the same reason they're in the other setup. You want to kill things before they can even think about attacking.

Item Acquisition (both setups):
OMEGA100: Joe's Shop, Zeboim (accessed from Lighthouse)
X70-8000: Snowfield Hideout (a.k.a. Shevat Crash Site)
Best Frames (Stier, Siebzehn): Joe's Shop
Best Frames (all else): Snowfield Hideout
Armor (both listed): Joe's Shop
GNRS50: Joe's Shop
Deathblower1: found at various points throughout game.
Z Charger: Subway Tunnel, Zeboim (also sold at Joe's, but you only need one, and this one's free)
Power Magic: Joe's Shop
E Circuit: .... uncertain. Sold on the Ygg2 for part of Disc 1, and on the Thames on Disc 1, but I cannot find it in any Disc 2 shop on the Shop FAQ.
Speed Shoes: Abandoned Chu-Chu Enclave (1), Battling Arena Rare Prize (1), Rare Drop from white, snaillike enemy found in forests on the island with Taura's House, or nearby islands. (This monster is rare, itself. For best results, equip the Trader Card if you have it, to at least guarantee the drop when one DOES appear.)
Ether Doubler: Sold in Nisan (before first visit to Shevat), found in Anima Relic Dungeon #2 (1), Battling Arena Rare Prize (1)
EtherStoneLg: Snowfield Hideout
---
#10phiefer3Posted 11/13/2008 9:33:10 AM
^Bart can also use the Ether Setup via Ygg. Depth Charge. Somewhat useful, as he's not the strongest gear in the game...(actually one of the weakest compared to engame gears).

Fei, could use it with Weltall-2's special options....but I can't really think of anyone who'd give up using System Id while they have it...

And honestly, Given that Crescens is tied with El Stier for strongest gear (assuming you made her grow up), and that shes considerably faster than him, it's a bit of a waste to use the ether setup on her...although you could use both setups simultaneously...

Engine: OMEGA100 (1,000 Output, 1,000 Fuel)
Frame: Best for each Gear.
Armor: Meh, Z Alloy 80/30 or Z Gold 100, your call. Prioritize maximum physical defense (1,000), or have decent Ether Defense (300) and relatively high Physical (800).
Accessories (Gear): GNRS50, GNRS50, Power Magic
(Carry one Z Charger in inventory, to swap in if needed, in battles on the way down. Just one; as it's only a one-battle-swap-in, you'll be sharing it between all Gears.)
Accessory (Pilot): Speed Shoes, EtherDoubler, MermaidRing

With only 1 power magic her ethers won't be quite as strong as with a pure ether setup, but it should still suffice. You'll use 30 or 40 more fuel every other turn using either TT or TS (both should still be doing max damage) deathblows without the Deathblower1, but still shouldn't be a problem (plus if fuel does run out she still has her ethers...).
---
[/rant]
No, I'm just genetically predisposed to awesomeness. ~fidormula