This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix says that a Remake of Xenogears IS POSSIBLE!

#1allzinhoPosted 8/17/2011 4:37:25 AM
I've sent en e-mail to Square Enix, and i've asked about a remake of the best game ever made: Xenogears. Look what they've said:

"Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

Our parent company, SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS CO., LTD, has no current plans to create a sequel to that particular title at this time. This is not to say that it will never happen, it's just that their development teams are currently focusing on numerous other projects.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center."

Now my hope is refreshed *-*
#2VilurumPosted 8/17/2011 6:03:39 AM
So basically you got a standard form letter which confused the words "remake" and "sequel", and basically said "we ain't doing it, but we're not gonna back ourselves into a corner with a 100% guarantee that we'll never change our minds about that" ... and this got your hopes up?
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)
#3SSj7CloudSPosted 8/17/2011 6:06:09 AM
Our parent company, SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS CO., LTD, has no current plans to create a sequel to that particular title at this time. This is not to say that it will never happen, it's just that their development teams are currently focusing on numerous other projects.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center."

That word is not remake. It doesn't even remotely imply it.
---
Citan: Ramsus cried for weeks, too. That was also upsetting, though in a different way.
Awaiting: Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PSP) Devil Survivor 2 (DS)
#4TyrHungerPosted 8/17/2011 12:25:04 PM
Lol, childrens itīs just a pre made answer, to make the fanbase silent.
xD
---
Xenogears 4ever X
#5GaignanPosted 8/17/2011 12:51:52 PM
hype
---
Wenn Sie diese Worte zu verstehen, mussen Sie Deutsch sprechen.
#6HarrycombsPosted 8/18/2011 7:57:05 PM
I doubt a remake would be very good without Takahashi at the helm.
---
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art. Franz Kafka
#7Spark0Posted 8/19/2011 12:28:33 AM
Honestly in the hands of a good team a remake could be really good. Tighter pacing, a better battle system a cleaner script and a fully realized second half would be awesome.
---
It's like that story in the bible where Jesus gets swallowed by a whale cause the sailors think he's a woman-Grand_Torrasque on Zelda:OOT
#8W_Mark_Felt_SrPosted 8/19/2011 3:04:00 AM
Harrycombs posted...

And yet Xenosaga III was the best Xenosaga game out of the four ones.
---
http://tinyurl.com/6ak2wg8
^Almost all non-translated FF Ultimania interviews ever. Tons of exclusive info. Please help translate them.
#9DarkGothicPosted 8/20/2011 12:42:50 AM

W_Mark_Felt_Sr posted...
Harrycombs posted...

And yet Xenosaga III was the best Xenosaga game out of the four ones.
---
http://tinyurl.com/6ak2wg8
^Almost all non-translated FF Ultimania interviews ever. Tons of exclusive info. Please help translate them.

I agree, Xenosaga III was only a small step behind Xenogears, but it was a game as epic and exciting as! One of the best games I ever played, only regret to this day the unbelievable and absurd censorship of blood that they did in the American version... :cry:

#10Jeff ZeroPosted 8/20/2011 1:16:54 AM

So basically you got a standard form letter which confused the words "remake" and "sequel", and basically said "we ain't doing it, but we're not gonna back ourselves into a corner with a 100% guarantee that we'll never change our minds about that" ... and this got your hopes up?

---
"Setsuna, you have to change. To make up for me... who didn't change." ~SCP~
http://img.imgcake.com/Jeffzeropngus.png