This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

just got this on PSN

#1strife14467Posted 7/4/2012 8:36:30 AM
It's been so long since I played the original, but I quickly got used to it again. I'm not very far yet, and right now I'm in the cave in the desert with Bart. So far there's one thing about the PSN version that kinda bugs me when compared to the original discs. When playing the original discs on a PS1, you could hear the system loading whenever you were about to get into a battle. Then again, it does add more of an element of surprise to the random battles. It's not like you hear the system loading now and say okay here comes a battle.

I almost forgot how much fun this game was, and still is. I always like the concept of having multiple ways of doing battles. Having the battles in and out of the Gears is always fun, and there always seems to be a decent mix of the two. Though from what I can remember, the gears were used more often towards the end of the game. I was having second thoughts about getting this at first since it had been so long since I last played it, but now that I have it I'm really glad I got it. I got FF7 at the same time I got this, so I should be busy a while with some classic RPG's.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and XBOX
#2Bishop_SasaraiPosted 7/4/2012 10:19:44 AM
I'm thinking of getting this for PSN too...well, after I have a bit more money in the bank account.

It's funny, I have a hard time playing RPGs with random battles and turn-based battle systems, but I can still play the older FF games and Xenogears and games like Breath of Fire III and Suikoden. Huh.
---
Fellow gamers...PSN ID is HarmoniaVictor.
#3ryudo500Posted 7/4/2012 3:28:47 PM
Bishop_Sasarai posted...
I'm thinking of getting this for PSN too...well, after I have a bit more money in the bank account.

It's funny, I have a hard time playing RPGs with random battles and turn-based battle systems, but I can still play the older FF games and Xenogears and games like Breath of Fire III and Suikoden. Huh.

BoF III is bad.

Get this game asap. its only liek what $10?

the Story is very good, gameplay is pretty good.

Its not as Great as some people say. but it is a a very good game, the stroy alone makes it worth a buy, its deep, complex and filled with dialogue which is something I like,. al;though it can be a bit complex at times.

gameplay wise, I am not a big fan of gear fighting.

still this is a solid game and 1 well worth playing
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS
#4strife14467(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 8:07:59 PM
Yeah it's $10. I've beaten this game once, which was a long time ago, but from what I remember it had a really good story. I know I originally didn't like the gear battles very much, but I eventually started to like them a little better. I'd always use up my fuel by using the strong attack on the X button all the time. I learned to take advantage of the gear battles that have enemies that you would normally fight in the regular battles. I'd use those to use the charge command since the normal enemies are only going to do very minor damage.

By the way ryudo500, I can't help but think of Grandia 2 when I see your name. I love that game by the way, and I have it for my Dreamcast.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and XBOX
#5Bishop_SasaraiPosted 7/5/2012 5:38:59 AM
BoF III rocks, you don't know anything. And Xenogears rocks even more.

And learn some damned grammar.
---
Fellow gamers...PSN ID is HarmoniaVictor.
#6OblivonPosted 7/19/2012 6:17:41 PM
ryudo500 posted...
Bishop_Sasarai posted...

BoF III is bad.

blahblahblahblah

blahbalhblahblahblah

blaaaaaaaaaahhhhblaaahhhblahhhhblahblah

blahbllllaaahhblahlbhal

blahblalbhlablahblah

Well that's just nonsense.
---
(^=' w '=^) meow
#7Ring_of_VardaPosted 7/22/2012 9:24:19 PM
Just got it as well. I think I just made it to noritune(sp?) I totally forgot how awesome this game was.
---
"For God to be good, evil is an absolute necessity in this world."