This month, your task this month is to answer the question, in whatever medium you want: How is your favorite video game character celebrating Halloween?
You can answer this question using any medium you want: you can draw a picture, write a poem or story, perform a song, write a song parody, film an interpretative dance, perform a skit, make a music video, write a comic, or anything else you can think of. Then, the moderation staff will vote on the entries, and the top six will win karma. One 50 karma grand prize will be awarded, as well as five 10 karma runner-up prizes.
To enter, create your work, and then upload it to a third-party site; for example, YouTube for videos, Imgur for images, pastebin for text, or MediaFire for other file types. Then, enter with the link.
Important! Please submit your captions using the following format:
I cannot guarantee your entries will be considered if they are not in this format. You can include other text in the post, so long as the above text appears on its own line somewhere in your entry.
The deadline for entry will be in two weeks, on Sunday, October 14th at 11:59PM EDT. Results will be posted one week later.
Notes 1. Joint entries are permitted. If you and another user (or two, or three) want to work together on an entry and split the prize if you win, that's fine -- just make sure that all entrants' usernames are included in the entry post. Also, after the entry is posted, it'd be helpful if all the entrants would post to confirm they're a part of the entry.
2. Maximum two entries per user, but only one winning entry per user. If you enter twice and both qualify for prizes, your higher-place entry will receive the prize karma, and lower-placed entries will be bumped up. If one (or both) of your entries is part of a joint entry, you can only receive karma for one entry, but the others in the joint entry may still receive karma.
3. All work must be original. That's not to say that you can't use other images, music, etc. as part of your entry so long as your usage of that other content falls under the privileges granted by Fair Use, but the actual end product must be your own.
4. The Terms of Service still apply -- don't post any entries that violate any of the normal terms of service.
5. Mark your spoilers. If your entry somehow spoils some game, note before the link to the entry what game is being spoiled.
6. To change your entry, delete your original post. I won't be compiling a list of entries until the deadline passes, so as long as your post is visible at the deadline, it'll be added.
7. The subject of the contest can be a bit flexible. No one's going to check if the character in question really is your favorite character, and your entry can focus on more than one character if you'd like. Really, I don't imagine any entry not qualifying so long as it's about both gaming and Halloween. --- Follow on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ddjgames For Top 10 lists, reviews, and assorted ramblings about being a mod.
As long as a line like that is present, with 'Entry:' in front and then a URL to your entry, you're fine. Make sure it's all on one line by itself. --- www.DDJGames.com - Game reviews, articles, guides, lists, and more. Latest: Top 10 Games Developed By Quintet
I just learned how to shade, so definitely expect something from me in the future --- HK-47: The very best there is when you absolutely positively have to kill every meatbag in the room. Accept no substitutes!
Do created characters count (like a character that you got to make in a game)?
That can work, so long as it's clear that it's actually from a game, not just a random made-up character. --- www.DDJGames.com - Game reviews, articles, guides, lists, and more. Latest: Top 10 Games Developed By Quintet