This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the lowest level that Wakka can learn Auroch's Spirit?

#1KishinZephritePosted 2/24/2010 5:44:43 PM
I have him at 20 with all of his OD's learned and he wouldn't learn it after winning it. The strategy guide mentions that it first appears as a prize with a small probability after Wakka is level 11, but doesn't mention what level he has to be to actually learn it.
---
MW2 1st prestige 4.0 K/D
WaW 3rd prestige 4.0 K/D PSN: KishinOmega
#2KishinZephrite(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2010 6:04:16 PM
I don't have all of his key techniques tough. Could that be the problem, or is being too low a level also the reason why I couldn't get it?
#3erict1628Posted 2/24/2010 6:11:56 PM
Wakka can learn Aurochs Spirit at level 11, but he also needs his third Key Tech, Tackle Slip, in order to be able to learn it. The other two Key Techs are irrelevant.

The same with Tidus, but Anti-Venom 2 (third Key Tech), and level 16.
#4KishinZephrite(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2010 6:16:24 PM
Thanks. also, do you know when Wakka can learn Tackle Slip? It's still greyed out when I try to mark someone with it.
#5erict1628Posted 2/24/2010 7:43:03 PM
There are two ways to open up the slot for Tackle Slip:

1. Learn the first two Key Techs.

2. Win Tech Find as Tourney (1st/2nd place)/League (2nd place/high scorer) Prize and open up the slot for Tackle Slip.

Then Wakka can learn it.
#6KishinZephrite(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2010 1:44:33 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble even finding any player with the key techniques that Wakka needs. The majority of the players in the league are all in levels 40-50 and these skills never show up. Do their techniques in exhibition shuffle around to a point where these skills might be rotated in?
#7erict1628Posted 2/26/2010 3:14:17 PM
If you're having that much trouble, then the solution to your problem is win a few (3) Tech Finds and open up the slots for those Key Techs. But for the purpose of learning Aurochs Spirit, you only need to open up Tackle Slip.
#8KishinZephrite(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2010 9:14:08 PM
It took me awhile to earn tech find as a prize, but I finally got both tackle slip and Auroch Spirit. Thanks for letting me know that I only needed tackle slip, as I would have been trying to go for all 3, thinking that that I needed every key technique to learn AS. This is my first time getting it on my 3rd play through and wow, what a move. Now if only I can give him golden arm....