This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video Game Discussion X (Help. Discussion. Spoilers. X.)

#161Kain RebornPosted 8/1/2013 6:54:29 PM(edited)
I've been watching some of Giant Bomb's Dota 2 videos. It's bringing back a lot of great memories. Memories of 2007, spending every single weekend at my buddy's house and lanning 3-on-3 Dota games for two days straight, fueled by copious amounts of Mountain Dew and THC. It's pretty much what I lived for, and what got me through 40 hours a week working construction with my stepdad.

I might give Dota 2 a shot. I never really latched onto League of Legends because it came out well after that particular moment in my life and I didn't have it in me to learn another game. But Dota seems to be exactly how I left it. I'm definitely getting the itch.
---
BACK TO ADVENTURE!
PSN: CHAWKLIT_REIGN / XBL: RATS OFF T0 YA / Steam: kainreborn
#162Kain RebornPosted 8/2/2013 4:34:04 PM
Played some rounds of Dota 2 today. Did alright. It's definitely the same game, but man, playing with anonymous strangers doesn't even come close to the fun I had at those LAN parties. And it also sucks to be so beholden to other people's ability. I won two games and lost two, but I don't think I personally did significantly better or worse in any game. It literally felt like rolling the dice every time I got matched up; the quality of my experience was 100% dependent on the players I was randomly assigned to. And unlike TF2, the only other online game I've ever gotten super into, Dota is no fun when you're losing.

I tried Dota 2. I'm probably done with it.

And speaking of TF2, I think it's been a couple of months since I last played it. I think I know what I'll do tonight.
---
BACK TO ADVENTURE!
#163Kiana NightPosted 8/2/2013 5:07:55 PM
My WoW friend Lich plays DoTA 2 all the time. He always complains that people don't know how to play their roles right and screws everyone else up. He was trying to teach Tandari how to play the other day and I just listened in Mumble. Sounded complicated. No Mobas for me. :s
---
Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination...
#164Deus MacLeod(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 5:18:25 PM
Kiana Night posted...
He always complains that people don't know how to play their roles right and screws everyone else up.

That's how you play MOBAs.
---
WE WERE SO BEAUTIFUL
#165Kain RebornPosted 8/2/2013 9:31:42 PM
Kain Reborn posted...
And speaking of TF2, I think it's been a couple of months since I last played it. I think I know what I'll do tonight.

Mission complete. Beats the hell out of Dota.
---
BACK TO ADVENTURE!
#166KastenessenPosted 8/5/2013 1:47:05 AM
Just got a premature ending in SMTIV. It was an interesting way out of the various horror and pain witnessed, but I've chosen to reload my save file instead of going on to new game plus.

Also been playing State of Decay, which is pretty fun if a little buggy, Odin Sphere because I bought that just before I got my PS3 and never got past the first character's first chapter (and because of Dragon's Crown) and Ace Combat 5 (also finished Ace Combat 04).
---
If it wasn't for disappointment,
I wouldn't have any appointments.
#167D4Y_omgPosted 8/5/2013 8:55:30 AM
Deus MacLeod posted...
Kiana Night posted...
He always complains that people don't know how to play their roles right and screws everyone else up.

That's how you play MOBAs.

Then I was playing DOTA2 correctly then.
NFC what i was doing. ever.
---
It's sad really that we all represent such a mediocre game. - Medea
I can honestly say that there is no music which would make me want to eat my own vomit.-Nix
#168Kiana NightPosted 8/5/2013 4:13:43 PM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1390/ruzv.jpg

My three last characters that I've been leveling together zone by zone have finally reached 80! Now I never have to level in Northrend ever again! :D Unless a new class comes out or something... :<

The Cataclysm zones are next, and I've upgraded all my BoA gear to last til 85, except the trinkets (which don't grant an XP bonus anyway), so hopefully I should only have to do Hyjal, Deepholm and Uldum. And then, Pandaria leveling~ @~@ But I won't have to deal with CRZ so leveling should be rather peaceful and calming. :D Also, it's Darkmoon Faire week so I can go get the experience boost from the carousel! :D

Also, I was up early enough today to farm the Zandalari Warbringers and got my last direhorn mount from them on the second kill! :D http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/Seriandra/mount#status=is-collected&filter=direhorn

Now I just need to get the one from Oondasta and the one from Horridon. :x

And I decided to try my shaman's luck out in the Brawler's Guild since it was still early enough and no one was in there. I last left off GG Engineering and struggled with them for a good bit and finally got them, and kept going til I got to Hexos, which was a major roadblock for MANY people, especially since you HAVE to be a keybinder to beat him (which I am not). Fortunately elemental shamans are faceroll and have like 4-5 buttons in their rotation to I forced myself to keybind (mostly lightning bolt spam, flame shock here and there, lava burst and earth shock mouse bound). Killed it to my astonishment and stopped at Anthracite and went to go watch DBZ Abridged.

What a nice day today was.

Got raid in an hour and we still have 7 bosses left to kill before midnight. Was thinking of streaming it, but since our full raid roster should be back, I might get sat out so they can gear up the idiot hunter we don't need. In which case I'll probably just level and chit chat with peeps in Mumble (ooh fun?)
---
#169Kiana NightPosted 8/5/2013 5:05:45 PM
http://www.livestream.com/kiananight

Yey hunter won't be with us! Maybe not ever again! (streaming til midnight EST).
---
#170D4Y_omgPosted 8/5/2013 10:55:39 PM
Kiana Night posted...
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1390/ruzv.jpg

w.t.f.

James finally beat hexos - i was standing behind him and i would hit the keybinds for the right side of his keyboard because he didn't want to waste time picking up his hand to hit them. he also only wanted to concentrate on the maze.
He just needs to beat the last dude.

grats on your direhorn!

our raid was f'd because of relm latency. we were lagging all over the place. when we finally had everyone connected and doing well - iron quon bugged out at phase 3 and despawned. we were like >_____________<
we were doing really well with durumu, primordius, and DA... so it was really disappointing

james started doing a heroic 10 man with tradd for the NA players. they did the first boss, horridon, and tortos on their first night. the aussies are working on H lei shen.

Im excited for 5.4 because it will be the first time ever i raided when content was current... if i dont quit because FFXIV <_<
---
It's sad really that we all represent such a mediocre game. - Medea
I can honestly say that there is no music which would make me want to eat my own vomit.-Nix