This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lurk it, work it

#1BlissenobiarellaPosted 6/22/2013 8:56:45 AM
oh god, i really did not mean to kill the last one. i am the worst person for making the topics that last forever.

here we are.
---
"WHEN I WANT YOUR OPINION I WILL CUT OUT YOUR BRAIN AND EAT IT AND CRAP YOUR OPINION BACK INTO YOUR SKULL" -- Nice Pete
#2The BlackMagePosted 6/22/2013 2:30:03 PM
Picking up from the comment that KILLED THE ENTIRE THREAD, GOOD JOB YOU HORRIBLE PERSON YOU.

In my day, it was waaaah waah waaaaaaah. "Womp womp" took me a while to figure out. People are just bad at onomatopoeia(holy crap I spelled that correctly first try! I deserve a medal.)

Also, another query - why the lack of capitalization?
---
Smack a baby in the morning, smack a baby in the light, smack a baby in the evening if you're looking for a fight. - Smackababy by mc chris
#3Deus MacLeodPosted 6/22/2013 3:19:30 PM
In my opinion, holding off on proper caps make situations where you bust into all caps that much more explosive.

No caps are movies.
All caps are BAD BOYS II.
---
doos
words.
#4Blissenobiarella(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 6:13:10 AM
lack of caps is part of my internet voice...my internet affect, if you will. there's a certain way i'm saying these things and large, blocky capital letters aren't part of that.

it's hard for me to put a finger on what exactly it is i'm trying to convey by using no caps, but know at least that it is 100% deliberate.

alternatively: what stank said.
---
"WHEN I WANT YOUR OPINION I WILL CUT OUT YOUR BRAIN AND EAT IT AND CRAP YOUR OPINION BACK INTO YOUR SKULL" -- Nice Pete
#5Blissenobiarella(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 6:22:28 AM
i also just realized that the quote in my sig is in all caps. my sig is from a time when i was being hyperaggressively mean on this board because i assumed everyone thought i was a huge jerk and wanted to fill out the caricature.

i don't have time for caricatures anymore. i'd rather figure out who i am (whatever the **** that means) and be that, rather than become an overwrought version of how i believe the world reflects on me. you'd be surprised at how much difficulty i have not doing the latter -- or maybe you wouldn't be.

i was going to apologize for the sudden public introspection, but also i'm okay with this immediately turning into a ~feelings~ thread, if only so i feel less alone.

COME ON PEOPLE, FEEL TOGETHER

(see? what stank said.)
---
#6Deus MacLeodPosted 6/23/2013 7:20:36 AM
bad boyz 4 lyf
---
doos
words.
#7D4Y_omgPosted 6/24/2013 1:01:14 PM
The BlackMage posted...
Picking up from the comment that KILLED THE ENTIRE THREAD, GOOD JOB YOU HORRIBLE PERSON YOU.

In my day, it was waaaah waah waaaaaaah. "Womp womp" took me a while to figure out. People are just bad at onomatopoeia(holy crap I spelled that correctly first try! I deserve a medal.)

Also, another query - why the lack of capitalization?

is it a trombone though? its a little high for a trombone noise.
---
It's sad really that we all represent such a mediocre game. - Medea
I can honestly say that there is no music which would make me want to eat my own vomit.-Nix
#8Deus MacLeodPosted 6/24/2013 3:09:44 PM
I think it's a trombone with a plunger mute.
---
doos
words.
#9The BlackMagePosted 6/24/2013 4:20:57 PM(edited)
"aaaaaaa" would be high pitched, like a whining siren. "aaaahh" has the h softening the sound on the end, and drawing it down an octave in my mind into a range more like a trombone. Not to mention that having a hard consonant, "p" on the end of the sound just doesn't fit with the way a note from a brass instrument would ring out, unless muted I guess. But that sad sound isn't hard muted, just soft muted before starting the next note. The last one rings out a bit. Hard consonants suggest a sudden end to a sound, much like the way they suddenly end a word. Moo, for instance, doesn't end as crisply as mop.

Also, the actual sound is often done by trumpet or trombone. And yeah, you need a mute.

Trombone is more common I think, the lower pitched one.
---
Smack a baby in the morning, smack a baby in the light, smack a baby in the evening if you're looking for a fight. - Smackababy by mc chris
#10Deus MacLeodPosted 6/24/2013 8:24:06 PM
After watching Vicious, my girlfriend and I have decided that we're going to be two bitter gay British men when we get older.

It seems like such the life.
---
doos
words.