This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video Game Discussion XI: Chains of Postmathia

#141Deus MacLeodPosted 2/7/2014 10:43:14 PM
Have all but Gwyn down for my NG+, have some things I need to wrap up before I can do what I need to for NG++, and get the Dark Soul achievement:

Get Crescent Axe from Patches
Farm (or buy?) a Demon's Spear
Get the Dragonslayer Bow
Get the Drake Sword
Farm a Stone Greatsword/Shield

And then in NG++:
Get Queelag's Soul (used it in NG. Oops.)
Get Sif's Soul (You need three for the achievement)
Get Gwyndolin's Soul (didn't kill him in NG)
Cut Seath's Tail
Cut the Gaping Dragon's tail
Cut the Gargoyle's tail. Maybe.

Didn't make the best choice using my SL1 character for achievement mopping, but eh.
---
juicy
#142Deus MacLeodPosted 2/7/2014 10:43:46 PM
Also, god Kalameet is hard on NG+. I mean jesus.
---
juicy
#143The BlackMage(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 11:09:54 PM
I feel like a ****ty person for killing Crossbreed Priscilla.

That fight was pretty easy, but kind of cool.
---
Smack a baby in the morning, smack a baby in the light, smack a baby in the evening if you're looking for a fight. - Smackababy by mc chris
#144Deus MacLeodPosted 2/8/2014 5:08:07 PM
There we go. Got all of the achievements. I feel good about myself.
---
juicy
#145The BlackMage(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 12:41:37 AM
The Great Hollow is the worst. All these pretty crystal lizards tantalizing me into jumping to my death.

;_;
---
Smack a baby in the morning, smack a baby in the light, smack a baby in the evening if you're looking for a fight. - Smackababy by mc chris
#146The BlackMage(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 1:25:39 AM
Guys, Dark Souls II is imminent. I mean, I'm gonna wait for the PC release in May, so don't be jerks about spoilers, but it's SOON and that's still exciting.
---
#147KastenessenPosted 2/11/2014 5:21:39 PM
Man, Bioshock Infinite just gets worse and worse as it goes on, doesn't it?

For a game meant to be dealing with the multiple worlds theory, why do the people killed when looking for Chen go insane in another world? They'd already be dead and alive in infinite other universes. That's how the theory goes. I can't believe how well received this game was.

Returned to Dragon's Crown, too. Only finished normal difficulty with Amazon, so I started using different characters - much better now with patches that let you skip the tutorial A routes. Discovered that my favourite character is Dwarf. Strong both with and without weapons, with a defense buff skill, air raid with bombs and of course throwing enemies.

Dick Smith also had a one day 10% off gaming sale, with a new shipment of PS4s ready for delivery on Thursday so that was great.
---
If it wasn't for disappointment,
I wouldn't have any appointments.
#148Deus MacLeodPosted 2/11/2014 5:49:14 PM
I'm seeing how far I can get into original StarCraft before I get bored. It used to be a yearly tradition of mine to go through the game (typically around Halloween, I played it while doling out the candy), but that stopped when I moved out of my parents' house.

Currently about halfway through the Zerg campaign.
---
juicy
#149Kain RebornPosted 2/12/2014 1:26:41 AM
Kastenessen posted...
For a game meant to be dealing with the multiple worlds theory, why do the people killed when looking for Chen go insane in another world? They'd already be dead and alive in infinite other universes. That's how the theory goes. I can't believe how well received this game was.

Elizabeth's involvement seems to exacerbate universes bleeding into one another. For...reasons...she has a unique role in the multiverse. It's a convenient and probably intentional way to tie up apparent inconsistencies/outright plotholes, but I don't think it's the worst piece of sci-fi writing I've ever seen.

Anyway, you should probably put padding around anything fragile in your gaming area. If you're already this frustrated I fear there'll be a problem with thrown controllers during a certain boss fight.
---
BACK TO ADVENTURE!
PSN: CHAWKLIT_REIGN / XBL: RATS OFF T0 YA / Steam: kainreborn
#150KastenessenPosted 2/12/2014 2:09:06 AM(edited)
Lady Comstock, the bullet sponge ghost you have to fight/kill at least three times with endlessly respawning mooks? That's what I've heard, anyway. I'm sure it'll be very aggravating.

I'm probably coming across a lot more frustrated than I really am, but it's just this feeling of disconnect with everyone, I suppose. I really do not like FPS games, but the first Bioshock was great. Everyone seemed so enamored with this one, between you guys and the rest of the internet and the gaming media; yet there are games I simply adore that get torn apart or ignored.

There are just so many issues I'm finding with the game. Things that made sense in Rapture, like all the looted items stashed away in random spots; audiologs; plasmids. Why do the handful of crow guys have the teleportation ability from Bioshock, yet when you use it you get reskinned bees?

Not aiming to offend, I know you liked the game a lot.
---
If it wasn't for disappointment,
I wouldn't have any appointments.