This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So tell me about your lives lately.

#11D4Y_omgPosted 2/12/2014 11:00:26 AM
I've been married 1 year now. I tell people it isnt different than just living together, but damn. Being married IS different. Not so much logistically, but mentally and socially. I have a hard time being ok with the "wife" title. My dad thinks I'm going to have a kid one day, and James has been hinting that he wants one for the sake of humanity. I said no. No way.

Right now I'd say we are financially stable. We both have jobs and we can pay bills while still doing things we want to do and saving up for the future. This is something I find to be amazing and huge, and im really thankful. Its hard to live on your own and not be broke as **** in CA (or anywhere really). Our place might not be the nicest, but its comfortable and cheap lol.

We are going on an Alaskan cruise in August. I'm really excited about that. It was my idea to go on a cruise with my family for a week rather than just visiting CO every time I want to go on vacation.

I REALLY want to take a few days and go visit Atlanta GA, but no one wants to go with me. I just want to see the aquarium lol.

Other than that I'm pretty boring.

Also, Stank i thought you left that roommate already. how have you not left sooner? lol i'd have been outta there after the first week i think.

Shadow, ice land sounds amazing. you're quite the adventurer. I'm afraid to leave the US without a bunch of people to go with, and I don't know "a bunch of people" who would do something like travel to another country and bum around a few weeks. Actually, as I post this I am trying to convince my friend to just go to GA with me...

Bliss, your living situation sounds awesome. a small studio in seattle with cats. Thats one thing I day dream about a lot... living in a small cute/crappy/unique/overlyromanticised place with a small dog or a cat in a big city and riding my bike to work. or something. if i wasn't married or in a serious relation ship id have gone and lived with vajovv in seattle when he had a room for rent. because why not?
---
Dr. Panicattack Or How I Learned To Keep Worrying And Love The Sensation Of Total Cardiovascular Failure-shadow
#12radiantheart(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 2:46:21 PM
Shoe - You sound like you're doing really well! I love hearing that you guys are all grown up and in college and in long term jobs and other stuff. I feel like an old aunt or sister. :P I'd love to go back to school, but I need more money for that, and I have no actual goal. Goals are niceif you're not super rich. heh. Iceland sounds fun as hell. I'm excited about Alaska. I'm glad my bro's family is springing for it and I can pay them back as I can. So so excited.

My brother has been clean about... 5 or 6 years now! :D He moved in with a dear friend of his who split up with her husband. He raised her kids since then and proposed a year ago christmas. He has a full time job and two cars etc. He's a good boy. It's been long enough that a lot of the damage from the drugs has healed. he'll never be completely fixed, but he's my brother again. Being on antidepressants and other stuff like counselling also help. He's a damn good dad too. Their room mate's boyfriend was a dick so he got dumped. Steve's basically been their daughter's replacement dad. Most people think he has two girlfriends now. e.O; I love all three kids and babysit them constantly. They all love me. They call me auntie, and my mom and dad yaya and papou (greek for grandma and grandpa because they have like 8 pairs of grandparents at this point) He's doing really well.

Penny - Pretty damn bad. Trust me. D: If I could play, I would. I'm just happy it can run Baldur's Gate. If I ever do play I will obviously let you know before starting~!

Keli - I understand the kid thing~ I've been following you and Keli on Facebook of course, so I know about the wedding and stuff. :3 best cake. hah. Wait, you're going on an Alaskan cruise in August? I'm going on one in June. >.>; Muwaha. Damn. I would totally go to the aquarium with you.

I am not adventurus enough to do the stuff you guys wanna do! This cruise will be big enough. A week away from my parents is the longest I'll have ever been away. I am pitiful. Hehehe.
---
Steph from Nocturne - 0061-0181-6663
I am sloth. Hear me snore. ~ I am shtill in shock?
#13The BlackMagePosted 2/13/2014 12:52:35 PM
Hah. Well you have much stronger family ties than I do, so we all have things in our lives that are great that others don't. I may seem adventurous I suppose, but mostly I do just sit around by myself and surf the Internet or play games. Pretty rarely do I get up and out to go hiking or travel around, maybe once every few months on the hiking, and every couple of years on the travel. Though if I could financially support it I'd probably travel way more.

Someday, that's my goal. Hell I'd even like to work for a company that would potentially send me abroad for periods of working, that'd be awesome.

I DON'T want to work in Natural Gas/Oil operations though. They travel the most of engineers, but it's also a practice I don't really want to be a part of even though on paper it's basically the job I'd like to have. Travel around, work outdoors, work with teams of people. But, you know pillaging the Earth. Not so great.

Then again, to be a part of those operations and maybe design ways for them to be conducted more eco-friendly and less wastefully, that could be a big deal.
---
Smack a baby in the morning, smack a baby in the light, smack a baby in the evening if you're looking for a fight. - Smackababy by mc chris
#14radiantheart(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 3:11:47 PM
I haven't gone on a real trip in over ten years at least...

But yeah, other than the pillaging, sounds like a good job for you. Don't be Shinra. We need the Planet! D:

My brother just tried to give me a ride to his house to babysit an hour early. He's had three expressos. Oh dear. I told him to eat something and he was happy to be reminded because he hasn't had breakfast even. Still a doofus. I love him.
---
#15The BlackMagePosted 2/17/2014 10:42:43 PM(edited)
WE'RE GOING TO RIDE SNOWMOBILES ON A GLACIER, AND SNORKEL IN A POND THAT IS SITUATED OVER A GIANT VOLCANIC FISSURE, AND EXPLORE GIANT CRYSTAL CAVES.

It is going to be the most metal trip.

Also we're going to see the cave where Jon Snow and Ygritte hook up in season 3 of Game of Thrones with the giant underground lake.
---
Smack a baby in the morning, smack a baby in the light, smack a baby in the evening if you're looking for a fight. - Smackababy by mc chris
#16radiantheart(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 2:55:00 PM
I'm so very jealous of all that, even if I haven't seen GoT. D:!!
---
#17Kiana NightPosted 2/18/2014 3:33:29 PM
You should see it, it's a great, awesome series. I'm trying to convince my sister to sign up for cable so we get HBO and can watch it legally.
---
Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination...
#18radiantheart(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 6:11:07 PM
All I really know about it is like.. fighting and incest?
---
#19Deus MacLeodPosted 2/18/2014 7:07:57 PM
Political Intrigue, Blood, Boromir, Food, Incest, Children through Incest, Scheming, Food, Dragons, Scheming, Magic, Incest, Fighting, Blood, Political Intrigue, Blood, Food, Blood, Incest, Food, Magic, Fighting, Magic and Blood.

I also recommend the show Black Sails. It's "What Happened Before Treasure Island ifitwasreal"
---
juicy
#20Kain RebornPosted 2/18/2014 7:35:35 PM
Deus MacLeod posted...
Political Intrigue, Blood, Boromir, Food, Incest, Children through Incest, Scheming, Food, Dragons, Scheming, Magic, Incest, Fighting, Blood, Political Intrigue, Blood, Food, Blood, Incest, Food, Magic, Fighting, Magic and Blood.

And boobs.
---
BACK TO ADVENTURE!
PSN: CHAWKLIT_REIGN / XBL: RATS OFF T0 YA / Steam: kainreborn