This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GB FAQ Completion Project: Part 2

#201KeyBlade999Posted 2/12/2013 6:20:14 AMmessage detail
DarkstarRipclaw posted...
Also, I claimed Sports Illustrated Golf already, but if you did it overnight already then whatever.

I haven't done it yet - I haven't actually touched any of those games, actually. >_>

Mahjong is addicting.

Anyways, it's yours, then.
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#202KeyBlade999Posted 2/13/2013 6:26:06 AMmessage detail
Uploaded FAQs for Jack Nicklaus Golf and Space Invaders (Japan).
---
#203skyfang2000Posted 2/16/2013 5:50:51 PMmessage detail
Would anyone be interested in betatesting a translation of Karakuri Kengou Den Musashi Lord for the GB? You can kill two birds with one stone and write a FAQ for the game while you're at it. It's really not a complicated game, perhaps a bit of a basic Goemon clone minus the charm/humor.
#204DarkstarRipclawPosted 2/16/2013 9:04:41 PMmessage detail
Sure, that sounds good. If money is conducive to translations of specific future games, I may even be willing to put some down for some of those Japan-only strategy and RPG beasts.

While skirting GameFAQs rules with the bare minimum, I would like to point out one thing and ask another.

First, I have my email at the bottom of most of my guides in a copyright notice.

Second, should any GB emulator be able to play your patch or only specific ones?
---
Wish Upon a Darkstar
Owner of Board 822, Gensokyo
#205RedIsPoetic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 12:17:37 AMmessage detail
DarkstarRipclaw posted...
If money is conducive to translations of specific future games, I may even be willing to put some down for some of those Japan-only strategy and RPG beasts.

Seconded. Especially for those crazy RPGs.
---
Major Upcoming FAQ Projects: NSMB2, FTL, FE: Awakening
http://facebook.com/redispoetic
#206KeyBlade999Posted 2/18/2013 6:22:43 AMmessage detail
Uploaded FAQs for A-Force, Namco Classic, PGA Tour '96, and PGA European Tour.

Cancelling my Pocket Golf claim, as I can't tell what mode is which. (Japanese.)
---
#207Devin Morgan(Admin)Posted 2/18/2013 1:08:47 PMmessage detail
KeyBlade999 posted...
Cancelling my Pocket Golf claim, as I can't tell what mode is which. (Japanese.)

I can help you with that too if interested... Email me. :P
---
Devin Morgan | CRP #3579
NES FAQ Completion Project:
http://faqs.retronintendo.com
#208KeyBlade999Posted 2/19/2013 6:40:55 AMmessage detail
As thou wish.

I'll see if I can my stuff running around sixth period today (1 PM EST) and e-mail you those. IIRC, it shouldn't be more than a couple of screenshots - I can work the mechanics out rather simply. :P

Don't see why our school doesn't exactly teach Japanese. Seems like I've used that more (well, had more translated) than Spanish.
---
#209KeyBlade999Posted 2/19/2013 8:45:19 AMmessage detail
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/197198-earthworm-jim/faqs

Forgot to mention that the SMS -> GB crosslink of my Earthworm Jim FAQ was accepted.
---
#210adamlPosted 2/19/2013 8:22:21 PMmessage detail
Pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but I just played through R-Type for the Game Boy and it is definitely different than the Arcade version's FAQ that is linked to the Game Boy version.

The GB version of R-Type only has 6 stages, not 8 like the Arcade version. Also, you have to play through the GB version twice to get the good ending (or you can just use the code to get the options menu to pop up at the title screen and put it on HARD difficulty, which will give you the good ending since the 2nd Quest is basically just playing the game on Hard).

By no means am I claiming a GB guide for this game, just figured I'd throw this out there since I have been mowing through GB games lately and logging their endings. :)
---
American NES games left to beat: 3
Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire [Updated 7/21/10]