This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GB FAQ Completion Project: Part 2

#31RedIsPoetic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2012 2:44:00 PMmessage detail
Ok, thanks for clarifying.
---
Major Upcoming FAQ Projects: Pokemon BW2, NSMB2, Paper Mario: SS, FE: Awakening
http://facebook.com/redispoetic
#32KeyBlade999Posted 8/8/2012 2:31:19 PMmessage detail(edited)
Claiming Mouse Trap Hotel and Skate Or Die: Tour de Thrash.

Sorry about the unworked claims; I'll get on them in about a week or two.
---
Total Files / Complete FAQs / Images / KB -- 163 / 124 / 4 / ~24,481 KB.
Proud Leader of Team Ancient Legends (PMD2). Total Rescues: 1,766.
#33DarkstarRipclawPosted 8/12/2012 7:11:10 PMmessage detail(edited)
You most certainly should not FAQ a game 'off the manual alone'. Just because games back then had to have all of their mechanics written in a manual does not mean that all manuals were actually sufficient sources of gameplay information. Take a look at the board for Batman Forever. There is a topic there detailing an entire move list that was never included in the manual, something a player would have no clue about if they read a guide solely sourced from the manual and not actual playtime.

Also, platformers. Most of the platformer games I have done have had tricky segments that were counterintuitive, or just required lots of aimless wandering to figure out what to do next.
---
Wish Upon a Darkstar
#34KeyBlade999Posted 8/14/2012 9:55:52 AMmessage detail
Obviously, that's why I didn't bother with Godzilla on the manual alone. I'm not an idiot - I at least bother to do some research to make sure that a walkthrough is or is not possible.

Put up FAQs for George Foreman's KO Boxing and Lethal Weapon.
---
#35Devin Morgan(Admin)Posted 8/14/2012 12:02:58 PMmessage detail
^Just another observation. I wouldn't be so quick to cross-link every FAQ you're doing, unless you've been doing research on the different versions and can conclude they are all the same game. This is why we were very cautious about doing this for the NES project.
---
Devin Morgan | CRP #3579
NES FAQ Completion Project:
http://faqs.retronintendo.com
#36KeyBlade999Posted 8/14/2012 12:12:24 PMmessage detail
Okay, thanks.

Though doesn't GF do the checking with the bolding and all? I usually only click on the bolded games.
---
#37GlacorasPosted 8/14/2012 12:24:32 PMmessage detail
GameFAQs bolding is not accurate, from my own experience.

My first guide (Looney Tunes: Back in Action) kept getting linked with the GBA version and I kept having to tell this site to remove the inaccurate cross-link. Each time I uploaded the guide when this Bold system appeared, it kept [or seemed to] automatically link my guide to the GBA version, even though I made sure it was unticked and the GC version was checked [both were cross-linked] [this appears to be fixed, based on the last time I uploaded a revision of this guide]. As I owned both the PS2 and GBA versions of the game, I knew they were completely different games and no crosslink should occur. Also, I have mentioned it in the comments that the GBA version should not be bold as it is nothing like the PS2 version, but it is still bold last time I checked [which was while writing this post].

I have also had issues with other GameFAQs bolding games, but could not provide details as I generally did not get the hate email that occured with the above example.

---
Track FAQs - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/53099536
System Requirements - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/53203289
#38KeyBlade999Posted 8/14/2012 12:44:16 PMmessage detail
Ah, I see. Thanks; I'll remember to be thorough.
---
#39KeyBlade999Posted 8/19/2012 1:39:02 PMmessage detail
Uploaded FAQs for Disney's Hercules and Mouse Trap Hotel.

@ Glacoras - I think it was mentioned in the FAQer changes topic how to fix your issue, if you're curious.
@ RiP - If you've got time, can you check the CP site to see what claims I have remaining? I know there's Godzilla (in progress), Skate Or Die: Tour de Thrash (haven't received), and Dennis the Menace (not received), but I can't pull up the site to check for some reason. Probably this slow internet. :P
---
Total Files / Complete FAQs / Images / KB -- 165 / 126 / 4 / ~24,634 KB.
#40RedIsPoetic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2012 4:13:00 PMmessage detail
^
My internet's down again, so I'm once again using school internet, which blocks the CP site. I'm getting pretty sick of having such unreliable internet. =/
---
Major Upcoming FAQ Projects: Pokemon BW2, NSMB2, Paper Mario: SS, FE: Awakening
http://facebook.com/redispoetic