Review ratings now active

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - Reviews
  3. Review ratings now active
8 years ago#41
I'm finding that about two thirds of the reviews with stars are terribly biased, in a negative or positive sense. For example, Zelda: Ocarina of Time has a starred review giving it 3/10 written by someone horribly misinformed; he complains that Nintendo is unoriginal by adding a new villain with four extra letters at the end of his name, when, in fact, it is the same villain.
Know the nature of light and darkness...Darkness is cool, light sucks.
8 years ago#42
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
8 years ago#43
We need a litmus test to determine what *truly* deserves a star, and what doesn't. For example, if anything I've ever written gets a star, then someone has failed. There ya go.
"No matter how hard you shine it, crap is still crap." ~Me
8 years ago#44
I agree with SSpectre
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Omega_Force_One/index.php
SSBB FC: 2535 3294 1592
8 years ago#45
I just noticed I still have a good number of unstarred reviews. Obviously, this system needs a lot of work to not be pitifully flawed.
http://www.honestgamers.com — Where I freely roam, putting all challengers to rest....
7 years ago#46
I completely agree. IMO the starts should be removed, and redone correctly according to highest votes/ratings.
Sour DieseL™
I will change my Signature when I have a name with spaces. - 4.27.2009
7 years ago#47
That's already the case I believe. Stars merely resemble whether someone liked the review or not..

---
7 years ago#48
Ahhh ok, I was curious about that
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot. - Peter
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
7 years ago#49
What was wrong with having all the reviews grouped together, without all of these sub-categories and the star treatment? How is it possible to balance the quality of a review for a rare game against one people would be more likely to search? It's just the percentage of people who are recommending things, out of everyone who reads the reviews, or what?
thunderboltgames.com
7 years ago#50
great job guys
~TW
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - Reviews
  3. Review ratings now active

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived