This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Review ratings now active

#51Trixter800Posted 10/24/2009 8:02:56 AM
What I hate is how stars are issued out. I think something like a limit on starred reviews/FAQs per game would be nice. Take a game like Final Fantasy VII/XII and you have 30+ starred reviews. Go to a fairly non-popular game, and there aren't any. It sort of defeats the purpose of a recommendation system ... when there are 30+ recommended reviews. By then, it's only a battle of who has an 'A' in their name.
---
699K | Trixter
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii41/Twix333/Meta.png
#52Red ShifterPosted 11/21/2009 1:23:26 PM
Stars feel like little more than trolling tools. If anyone writes a negative review for pretty much any popular game, consider it starred.
---
It's F-Zero. F-ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERO!
MW2: Modern Casual Gaming
#53The PresidentPosted 12/16/2009 11:37:28 AM
I have a question.

Probably an answer around here, but why reviews now labeled under "detailed" or "full" reviews? What is the difference?
---
Forums.404daily.com-Join Today!
#54PolymathicPosted 12/16/2009 9:07:55 PM
Probably an answer around here, but why reviews now labeled under "detailed" or "full" reviews? What is the difference?

Detailed reviews: Must be at least 1200 words, submitted 7 days after the release of the game.
Full reviews: Must be at least 800 words, submitted 3 days after the release of the game.
---
|»\.___.|._______| *{BOARD 2000097}*
|_/ISCO|NFERNOČ] : }^~GAME REVIEWS~^{
#55The PresidentPosted 12/17/2009 7:51:27 AM
Oh, I thought it had to do with ratings or something.
---
Forums.404daily.com-Join Today!
#56gamer_boy997Posted 12/31/2009 2:36:36 PM
Also, is there any chance we will ever get to view information on how our work has been rated? I'd love to see just how many ratings I've received (perhaps even for stuff that doesn't earn a star, assuming more than one rating is needed), and, better yet, it would be great to see the user names of the people doing the rating, assuming they were logged into a GameFAQs account at the time. When we had the previous system for rating site content, I enjoyed seeing who was behind each rating, especially if it was from someone I respected as a writer since then the compliment has even more value to it.

I started a petition requesting this, but it's not going so well :(. A lot of people are afraid it will be turned to bragging rights instead...
---
The earlier you wake up, the more time you have for fun. People that agree (plus me): 20
I'm one of GameFAQ's top 50 game data contributors!
#57gamer_boy997Posted 12/31/2009 2:41:50 PM
This is mostly due to the underwhelming amount of users who are actually rating things. Even of the few using it, many have to be thrown out for either rating completely at random (yes, this is traceable), only rating themselves, or only rating all of one user's contributions.

Sorry for double-posting, but I have a few condition ideas that could fix this:

1. Only users can recommend contributions
2. A user canNOT recommend their own contribution
3. A user can only make one recommendation every so often (every hour, day, etc., your choice)

I hope this will help!
---
The earlier you wake up, the more time you have for fun. People that agree (plus me): 20
I'm one of GameFAQ's top 50 game data contributors!
#58Volt7xPosted 7/10/2010 4:36:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#59Sain_of_CaelinPosted 11/20/2010 11:30:10 AM
I think even a more obvious way to rate reviews would help a lot. And of course a way to see the ratings would make sense also.
---
Bob Dylan is the among the greatest men to live in our times.
Kiwi- 0154-1264-8571
#60Gravity81688Posted 8/11/2011 11:43:16 AM
Would be neat to see ratings one day.

Unless I just can't find them.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/66379.html