This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why YOUR review was rejected, and how to FIX it!

#211pojrPosted 7/31/2008 4:50:24 AMmessage detail
--------------------
Laigonaz wrote:
I keep getting "Untitled" for my map. What do I do?
--------------------

Pull the contribution, and then resubmit it.
---
"The infamous pojr." - shadow72096
http://www.pohger.com ~ Where you create the generation.
#212chad9976Posted 9/15/2008 8:35:03 PMmessage detail
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why my review of this old Atari 2600 game "Buck rogers and the Planet of Zoom" was rejected TWICE!

I think it's because I referenced the game "Zaxxon" a few times and of course that is considered a spelling error.

Are the reviews read by a person or is it all computerized? If a person read my review, I'd challenge them to explain what spelling or grammar mistakes I made. I'm a professional reviewer, I don't make 8th grade typos!

If someone at Gamefaqs.com could explain to me what's wrong with this review I'd appreciate it

http://www.gamefaqs.com/contribute/contrib_view.php?itemtype=3&cid=242966

thanks,
-Chad
#213GradyHooverPosted 10/2/2008 9:54:22 PMmessage detail
I got a review deleted because of "Overwhelmingly false information."

Unfortunately, I can't find anything in the review that's false. And I've played through the game twice.

I don't really know how to prove my point, though. I can't exactly show the editor in question every single thing I discussed in the game by pointing at it because we can't really, like, play the game together. Any suggestions?
---
Dogs of the AMS... time they made a move.
#214UnknownMercPosted 12/4/2008 7:48:44 PMmessage detail
A year later, writing a totally objective review of 50 Cent's videogame, it still gets rejected

"Rejected for posting on GameFAQs"

This is really petty.

50 Cent: Bulletproof G Unit Edition is the reworking of the abysmal PS2 shooter, swapping out the big brother's third person view for a top-down styled shooter. The thug-life story remains the same, very much going for style over substance, and the gameplay feels dated. While a better game, G Unit Edition still feels more like fan service than anything else.

The plot follows a highly fictionalized version of 50 Cent and G Unit in the gritty streets of New York. 50 Cent's friend K-Dog is killed in cold blood, and 50 himself is shot in the back (you guessed it) 9 times. After recovering from his wounds, 50 thirsts for vengeance, and the rest of the game follows 50's plot of revenge. The plot makes little sense, but the story is presented from CGI cutscenes lifted directly from the PS2 version of the game that emphasize style.

The gameplay is focused entirely on wandering around a variety of levels killing anything that moves. The combat is very simple: you target an enemy, and hold the attack button. The game even automatically switches targets when one is dead. You can perform a few basic melee moves, can take hostages, and even perform evasive dodges, but the entire game can be beaten by simply holding down the attack button. You get a variety of guns, but they all seem very underpowered. Even on the lowest difficulty setting, most enemies can be pumped full of several clips from a gun before dying. Most levels are pretty linear, but occasionally you'll need to wander around large non-linear levels look for the key or switch to unlock the next area. The radar/mini-map is completely useless for helping you navigate areas, and most levels are artificially extended because you need to find the exit. All of these levels are connected by a hub level called "The Hood". Here you can spend the money looted from corpses on a variety of upgrades and extras. You can expand the game's music soundtrack, buy music videos to view from a menu, and customize your mini Curtis Jackson's clothing. You can also buy health and armor, as well as upgraded ammunition that causes extra damage and cheat codes.

The game sounds nice in concept, but it gets very repetitive very quickly. The game is fairly short, with a total of 4 to 5 hours of gameplay. You can replay every level you unlock, but that's really if you want to keep gathering money to buy all of the extras. The game features an ad-hoc multiplayer feature, but like all other PSP games it requires multiple copies of the game. There's a deathmatch and capture the flag mode; nothing special.

Summary:
Pros:
+ Great collection of 50 Cent media
+ Functional gunplay and beat-em-up elements
Cons:
- Repetitive gameplay

---
"The object of war isn't to die for your country, but to make the other bastards die for theirs"
- General George S. Patton, Jr.
#215Hasdrubal1Posted 1/7/2009 4:31:19 PMmessage detail
I don't get it, I got rejected for paragraph_spacing, but I did everything correctly. I pressed enter twice and made a space between each paragraph, but I got rejected. Can anyone tell me what's going on?
#216GameOPINIONsPosted 1/30/2009 7:28:42 PMmessage detail
Very interesting.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnm-YVibzoU&feature=related
<-->
#217MaxxPosted 2/10/2009 7:25:48 PMmessage detail
I don't get it, I got rejected for paragraph_spacing, but I did everything correctly. I pressed enter twice and made a space between each paragraph, but I got rejected. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

This just happened to me today. Each paragraph in my review is spaced with a blank line, yet it still gets rejected. It's not like I can fix it and resubmit it, because I followed the rules the first time...

---
http://www.youtube.com/MaxNardi
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/defaultblue/The%20Whombler.jpg
#218Awaiting_Sly_4Posted 2/12/2009 9:07:15 AMmessage detail
Now i got my first review accepted
#219Awaiting_Sly_4Posted 2/12/2009 9:09:08 AMmessage detail
I got it in but I had a space between the categories
#220GanondorfdudePosted 2/25/2009 7:29:33 PMmessage detail
I got rejected for Paragraph_spacing, but I had already put line breaks in between each of the paragraphs. This is absurd.
---
[+O:oo] Wii will rock you.
Brawl FC: 0645-5472-7802