This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why YOUR review was rejected, and how to FIX it!

#271metaIsluggPosted 10/28/2011 4:37:37 AMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#272KushuPosted 2/16/2012 10:28:49 AMmessage detail
Are words like "Gameplay" ever going to be added to the site's dictionary, so that they no longer count as misspellings? I submitted a review perhaps a day or two ago, and it was rejected for excessive misspellings. However, a number of those were "Gameplay", the title of the game, and "respec" which I felt was an acceptable term for the genre, but ended up going back and decompressing as "re-specialization" and "re-specializing"
#273PKStarwavePosted 3/28/2012 8:04:52 PMmessage detail
So I recently submitted a review for Kid Icarus: Uprising on the 3DS. I got rejected, but i'm not sure why... can you guys explain why? Here's the reasoning:

Contribution Type Review
Status Rejected
Status Detail Rejected for posting on GameFAQs

Uh... i'm not quite sure what the means.
---
A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever
~Shigeru Miyamoto
#274PKStarwavePosted 3/28/2012 8:07:35 PMmessage detail
#275DouglasFettPosted 4/23/2012 6:32:47 PMmessage detail
Hey folks. I've got a review for Batman Arkham Asylum that I'm trying to post, but its been rejected for "random filler." Would anyone care to peer review? Send me a PM.
#276iceman1977Posted 7/15/2012 8:49:24 PMmessage detail
#277PalmaaaPosted 8/21/2012 3:30:41 PMmessage detail
Can I submit my review in foreign language? Or, Can I submit with a translation of the paragraph in my native language under an english one, like this:

Eu posso mandar minha análise em língua estrangeira? Ou, eu posso mandar com uma tradução do parágrafo em minha língua nativa embaixo do parágrafo em inglês, deste jeito?

The same words written in portuguese. There are some lines, jokes, and expressions that make sense only in the native languages (what also happens in English as well), it's sad to lose then in the translation. Since there are few games review aggregate sites for non-english speakers, Gamefaqs is global!
#278TLR_Posted 9/21/2012 4:11:47 AMmessage detail
So I submitted a review for gaming hardware, and got this rejection message.

Reviews should be about the game itself, not about the reviewer's funny trip to the store to buy the game, or anything else unrelated to the game. While a small amount of leeway can be given to include a quick two or three sentence paragraph that sets the tone for the review, it is generally frowned upon and can result in the review not being posted. Reviewers should focus on the game and leave the anecdotes for the message boards.

This is highly confusing and unfitting seeing as the device I reviewed is not even a game, but hardware. The admin notes had "random_filler" which, given the content, seems extremely unjust as everything I mentioned was directly related the object of review.

Any way I can contest a review rejection?
---
The Most Complete Database for Games Playable on the Xperia PLAY: Xperia PLAY Gamer
http://xperiaplaygamer.net
#279-Zeke-Posted 9/24/2012 7:05:46 PMmessage detail
Palmaaa posted...
Can I submit my review in foreign language? Or, Can I submit with a translation of the paragraph in my native language under an english one?

Since there are few games review aggregate sites for non-english speakers, Gamefaqs is global!

I have the same doubt. I've seen walkthroughs and FAQs in Spanish, for example, and I've been hesistant to write reviews because of this issue
---
Hi! My name is Zeke, here's my 3DS code:1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
I'm on Flipnote Hatena also: http://flipnote.hatena.com/5358A8D0A0A86A2E@DSi/
#280KeyBlade999Posted 9/26/2012 6:34:00 AMmessage detail
TLR_ posted...
So I submitted a review for gaming hardware, and got this rejection message.

Reviews should be about the game itself, not about the reviewer's funny trip to the store to buy the game, or anything else unrelated to the game. While a small amount of leeway can be given to include a quick two or three sentence paragraph that sets the tone for the review, it is generally frowned upon and can result in the review not being posted. Reviewers should focus on the game and leave the anecdotes for the message boards.

This is highly confusing and unfitting seeing as the device I reviewed is not even a game, but hardware. The admin notes had "random_filler" which, given the content, seems extremely unjust as everything I mentioned was directly related the object of review.

Any way I can contest a review rejection?

Not of this type. The only way is to fix it; perhaps posting it on this board will help.

He's right if you're randomly filling it with non-essential material. Reviews generally cover how to play, storyline, grpahical quality, auditory quality, lengths of playthroughs, and replayability; hardware, like consoles, tend to have more like the console's "feel", pre-installed software, graphical and auditory capacities, battery life, etc.

If you have something like your trip to the store in there, that is completely and wholly unrelated to the matter at hand, the game review, and is often used as filler to bump up Review class or KB.
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.