This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Base Goku's max lifting strength is NOT 40 tons

#1XSpidercideXPosted 1/10/2013 11:11:02 PM
Had to say this after watching death battle.

People who argue base Goku at 40 tons need to realize that his strength does not come from his own muscles (which are strong) but his ki energy (much stronger). Using ki he can augment every aspect of his power, from strength, to speed, to durability.

Goku can supercharge his muscles to lift much more than 40 tons at base. The King Kai 40 ton thing was just him training without powering up his muscles beyond their base. Goku wants a solid work out so he chooses not to cheat and doesn't utilize his ki to augment his strength, this way his muscles can improve on their own, which in turn helps him increase his power level. There is no point in cheating during training by using Ki to help his muscles move weight. Just like there is no point in lifting weights if you doing the movements wrong or are swinging the weights using momentum to help.

He did not have to go SSJ to exceed 40 tons either. Going Super Saiyan was just a quick way to show off without wasting time putting ki energy into his muscles to lift more, because King Kai asked him to. He said he would be unable to move because he did not even consider powering up just to train and he had no idea at the time King Kai wanted him to show off his abilities as opposed to get a good workout.

The amount of ki Goku has is astounding, so the amount of lifting power he can put into his body using it is huge. Using it he has likely what was billions of tons (the half city in GT). A few hundred buildings would be many millions of tons and the land mass its sitting on would be even more. He also pushed a small mountain apart which would be a feat of several million tons at SSJ3.

These feats are much greater than 160,000 tons (his max according to death battle), proving that his Ki can be used to increase that base figure far beyond what they gave him credit for. If using his Ki energy he could push his body to lift at least close to, if not over a million tons at base, and billions at SSJ4.

Still not close to Superman level, but much more in line with his feats, and much more in line with the strength of his ki blasts and durability. Physical fighting would be pointless in Dragon Ball if everyone's lifting strength was is so much lower than Ki blast and durability levels. They could punch each other forever and not feel a thing. The only explanation is that DB characters strength gets enhanced with Ki beyond their normal levels when they power up their body.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/ahende9
#2kakoratePosted 1/10/2013 11:16:14 PM
They gimped Gokus powers. We know that but hr prob still is out class. Howeve r, I did have a huge wth moment when they used Gokus speed on snake way, multiplied it by thr ssj levels, than called it his max potential speed. That part was comical.
---
Death is only the beginning.
GT: BmorePride
#3DragonisLeonhartPosted 1/10/2013 11:19:50 PM
Hoo boy, here we go with the butthurt. Whatever magical number you can come up with, it still would not have matched Superman's strength limit. Deal with it, geez.
---
Immortality isn't a gift. It's a responsibility.
#4XSpidercideX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 11:26:52 PM
I know Superman should have won and I like that he won. I just need to give a logical explanation about the base goku lifting strength because it is obviously wrong in comparison with his feats of strength throughout the series.

The strength that is needed to inflict damage and hold down planet-durable opponents like Frieza is enough to show that 40 tons is a laughable number to base his strength on. This is why I find it necessary to argue that it is much higher when the DB characters power up. You do not need transformations to power up. It is shown over and over again in the series and it is very logical to assume that their strength goes from normal to astronomical when they do this. What else would they be doing when sitting there screaming and causing the earth rip up other than boosting their strength?
---
#5GoombacrusherPosted 1/10/2013 11:28:13 PM
kakorate posted...
They gimped Gokus powers.

And they gimped Superman by not including pre-crisis Superman.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#6A_Nonny_MoosePosted 1/10/2013 11:28:29 PM
Except he was training his ki with the weights.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#7XSpidercideX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 11:34:30 PM
Except he was training his ki with the weights.

No, he was training his body with weights. Power level (amount of Ki one has) increases as stress is placed on the body. If he used his Ki, he would not stress his body and would not increase his power level effectively.
---
#8kakoratePosted 1/10/2013 11:40:20 PM
Goombacrusher07 posted...
kakorate posted...

I know my post is riddled with typos because im typing from phone. But, did you even make an attempt to read the rest of the post....?
---
Death is only the beginning.
GT: BmorePride
#9GoombacrusherPosted 1/10/2013 11:45:39 PM
kakorate posted...
Goombacrusher07 posted...
kakorate posted...

I know my post is riddled with typos because im typing from phone. But, did you even make an attempt to read the rest of the post....?

Yes, it made my eyes bleed
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#10Super Saiyan 3 GokuPosted 1/10/2013 11:45:54 PM
So are you implying that Freeza arc Base Goku could, say, one shot Freeza if he focused all ki into his fist to level Freeza with a punch?

Your answer to this question wil determine whether I'll give your lengthy assessment my time of day.
---
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius