This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was FPSSJ Gohan actually stronger than FPSSJ Goku?

#31spooky96Posted 5/22/2013 9:50:38 PM
Krio Lv3 posted...
spooky96 posted...
3khc posted...
FPSSJ Gohan > FPSSJ Goku

Remember when Gohan was comparing his power level to Goku's and Gohan believed that his father wasn't using his full power when in actuality he was? That is because Gohan far surpassed his dad's.

Though I agree that FPSSJ Gohan>FPSSJ Goku, that example of your's doesn't necessarily puts it Gohan>Goku. Let me give you some sort of real life example.

I've been the fastest runner in my class for many years, all my friends consider themselves to be inferior to me in a 100m sprint. I easily beat them, no contest. This year one of my friend came very close to me in the race, so he said "You didn't give your best.". Nope, I gave my best, it's you who has improved a lot, improved more than me. So I'm Goku because I've been the fastest (The best, sorry >_> ).

I know I gave a terrible example, but you know what I mean. Gohan not being impressed doesn't directly mean Gohan>Goku. It can at the most be taken as a implication as to Gohan>Goku. Its just like when you expect a lot more from someone, but at the same time thinking it's not much better than what I'm capable of, and thus saying you didn't gave your best.

It's not just the one occasion. Vegeta stated it as well, as did Cell.

Gohan implied a few times he outclassed Goku, the whole fight he didnt understand why people were impressed, when goku powered up for Korin he wasn't impressed, saying something like "that's it??".

With statements like "I mean, it's impressive but..?" "Why is everyone so impressed with that?" "Goku wasn't bluffing after all." It should be easy to see, especially in the manga, that Gohan is stronger, and each dub of the amine implies it a little earlier.

I don't need more proof, as I do believe that Gohan>Goku in FPSSJ state, all I'm saying is that the link where Gohan says Goku wasn't giving it all doesn't necessarily mean Gohan>Goku, though it could.
#32QuadraSlicerPosted 5/22/2013 10:10:01 PM
In this case it could though. Gohan can directly sense how strong Goku was and was comparing Goku's power to his own. He thought Goku had the same or a higher power level than his own, thus assumed Goku was holding back the entire fight.

Gohan was basically taking his own power level and directly applying it to Goku. You can't really do something like that in real life because we don't really have a direct way to tell how much "power" someone is using.
---
The white folks think they're at the top, ask any proud white male
A million years of evolution, we get Danny Quayle
- Danny Elfman
#33Vegeta1000Posted 5/24/2013 12:39:17 PM
FPSSJ Gohan was stronger by a good amount. FPSSJ Goku could barely keep up with Perfect Cell while Gohan had no problems when he actually tried. If Goku and Gohan fought at that point, it'll be a close battle because of Goku skill and experience, but Gohan would ultimately win.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#34spooky96Posted 5/24/2013 9:19:14 PM
Vegeta1000 posted...
FPSSJ Gohan was stronger by a good amount. FPSSJ Goku could barely keep up with Perfect Cell while Gohan had no problems when he actually tried. If Goku and Gohan fought at that point, it'll be a close battle because of Goku skill and experience, but Gohan would ultimately win.

Why would you say that? Goku fought Cell for a much, much, much more time than Gohan fought Cell. Obviously after some time even Gohan would have a hard time to keep up, because actually Cell could stomp both if he wanted to. And because of experience I would actually give the battle to Goku, don't see why you'd say there's a "good" amount of difference in their power, surely Gohan was stronger, not by a "good" amount though.
#35RPGMaster95Posted 5/24/2013 10:02:41 PM
How is this a topic?
---
Vegeta trolls Frieza:
http://youtu.be/JA8hx3YPdtw
#36spooky96Posted 5/25/2013 12:39:05 AM
RPGMaster95 posted...
How is this a topic?

Actually people who've just watched the anime casually just like the majority have, they think Goku>Gohan, I used to believe that, all my friends still believe that and some random forums on which people think Goku>Gohan.
#37MarikinaPosted 5/25/2013 1:57:02 AM(edited)
Vegeta1000 posted...

I'm not sure that Goku's skill or experience isn't going to matter here. Cell was already one or two steps ahead of Goku, and he was forced to go all out on speed just to hit Gohan, and barely harmed when he did despite going for the kill. And unlike Cell, Gohan actually knows Goku's tricks.

spooky96 posted...

Why would you say that? Goku fought Cell for a much, much, much more time than Gohan fought Cell. Obviously after some time even Gohan would have a hard time to keep up, because actually Cell could stomp both if he wanted to. And because of experience I would actually give the battle to Goku, don't see why you'd say there's a "good" amount of difference in their power, surely Gohan was stronger, not by a "good" amount though.

The difference must be great if Gohan can be look at Goku and Cell fight and think that they're just playing around. This is further supported by Cell acknowledging that Gohan's a significant step up from Goku just by gauging his power up.. And unlike Goku, Gohan actually forced Cell to go all out in speed just to hit him, and this was just after a couple of moves. Even when he did hit him (hard enough to kill, I might add), he only inflicted superficial injuries and didn't cause his power to drop in the slightest.
#38spooky96Posted 5/25/2013 1:58:45 AM
Well you're judging so much by only speed. Look, I'm sure you yourself have a better agility than someone who is significantly older than you. Kids younger than me may win a 10 m sprint, but in the bigger race I stomp them. Similarly a bike would eventually be ahead of a car, but in a 10km race, of course the car will win. And what? Cell only comments on his speed and not his power [after the battle started]. earlier he just says something like "Well, you're quite powerful, but not as close as me"

I'm bringing this speed issue because maybe for the first time speed was brought to light in DBZ [Android Arc],Trunks was more powerful in the buffed state, but his Internet Explorer speed couldn't touch Cell. I'm just differentiating between speed and power which now has mattered more than ever.

Look, I'm not saying Goku>Gohan, you'll know if you read my earlier posts. I'm just saying the gap isn't "good" as stated by another user.

If Goku and Gohan had to fight, it'll be a close one, Gohan is slightly more powerful but Goku is a much more experienced fighter. So I'm like - it could go either way or leaning towards Goku if they fight.
#39MarikinaPosted 5/25/2013 3:07:33 AM(edited)
spooky96 posted...
Well you're judging so much by only speed. Look, I'm sure you yourself have a better agility than someone who is significantly older than you. Kids younger than me may win a 10 m sprint, but in the bigger race I stomp them. Similarly a bike would eventually be ahead of a car, but in a 10km race, of course the car will win. And what? Cell only comments on his speed and not his power [after the battle started]. earlier he just says something like "Well, you're quite powerful, but not as close as me"

I'm bringing this speed issue because maybe for the first time speed was brought to light in DBZ [Android Arc],Trunks was more powerful in the buffed state, but his Internet Explorer speed couldn't touch Cell. I'm just differentiating between speed and power which now has mattered more than ever.

Look, I'm not saying Goku>Gohan, you'll know if you read my earlier posts. I'm just saying the gap isn't "good" as stated by another user.

If Goku and Gohan had to fight, it'll be a close one, Gohan is slightly more powerful but Goku is a much more experienced fighter. So I'm like - it could go either way or leaning towards Goku if they fight.

Except I'm not just talking about speed, which doesn't even get brought up until he and Cell actually started fighting. When Gohan was gauging the level Goku and Cell were fighting at it was purely on a power basis, and he concluded it wasn't all that impressive.

Cell's comment was also a response to Goku's assertion that the next guy was stronger than he was and would defeat Cell. Cell admits Gohan was stronger, just not enough to beat him.

You're underestimating the speed difference between the two and overestimating how much Goku's skill and experience can make up for it. As it is Goku was one or two steps behind Cell, and Cell couldn't hit Gohan.

Cell barely hurt Gohan when he did hit him, which means Goku's hard pressed to do it himself.

Then you add the power advantage ontop of that, plus the fact that Gohan's a decent fighter and has an adequate grasp of Goku's tactics (including the Shunkaido/Kamehameha combo, arguably his only viable approach), and Gohan can pretty much beat up Goku with impunity.
#40spooky96Posted 5/25/2013 3:09:53 AM
Except I'm not just talking about speed, which doesn't even get brought up until he and Cell actually started fighting. When Gohan was gauging the level Goku and Cell were fighting at it was purely on a power basis, and he concluded it wasn't all that impressive.

Cell's comment was also a response to Goku's assertion that the next guy was stronger than he was and would defeat Cell. Cell admits Gohan was stronger, just not enough to beat him.

Well yes, you didn't even read my previous post properly? That's exactly what I said, not enough to beat Cell, besides, posting this was useless as I did say Gohan is stronger than Goku.

Goku's edge in skill and experience isn't going to matter much here. Despite it he was pushed to his limit and forced to submit against Cell, and Gohan's more of a challenge than that.

That's just subjective, I think Goku's experience might just give the winning title to him. You can believe Gohan can stomp Goku if you want.

I don't get your speed analogies. A fight between Goku and Gohan isn't going to last long enough to turn into a contest of endurance, which Gohan will also win.

Either could win. IN MY OPINION.

The Trunks reference doesn't work, because Gohan has a strength AND speed advantage over Goku.

I'm not comparing Goku/Gohan with Trunks, I'm just referring to the fact that AT did think of little technical things such as speed in the Android arc. So Cell saying "You've forced me to use my full speed" isn't proving Gohan>Goku. Because now strength and speed have been split and it does make a difference.

Gohan has a strength AND speed advantage over Goku.

Yes I know.

I'm just against the fact that people saying there was a decent/good amount of difference in their power levels. No, they're sorta close, maybe very close too. Gohan is STRONGER AND FASTER, but I'm trusting on Goku's experience as a fighter to win.