This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Attack on Titan Dub Premieres on Toonami?

#1alchemicatalystPosted 5/6/2013 9:27:08 AM
Alot of fans are hoping to see attack on titan on toonami and i think that it may end up on there at some point (probably far off, since its still running). im really hoping that the english dub premieres on toonami once funimation gets to it.
#2slmcknettPosted 5/6/2013 12:19:01 PM
Eren = Yuri Lowenthal
Mikasa = Michelle Ruff
Hannes = Quinton Flynn
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#3DRCEQPosted 5/6/2013 1:07:55 PM
Don't you think it's a little early to get your hopes up for it? If it will be dubbed, it won't be for quite a while. Maybe later this year.
---
Meowahaha! Madness, Genius, the only difference between them is success! - Taokaka, Blaz Blue Continuum Shift
Motoko Kusanagi is my goddess!
#4lawlSigmaXSonicPosted 5/6/2013 1:13:28 PM(edited)
I would imagine Toonami wouldn't be able to afford a high-popularity series like this, for this or the next year at least. Remember how long it took for Soul Eater to appear on [as]. The only recent dub to appear anywhere close to the original airing was Deadman Wonderland, and that was because it was a cheap license.
---
"Has this man's lust rocked the alien's world?!" - one of Gantz's few good moments
#5GoldSlime35Posted 5/6/2013 1:39:59 PM
Even if Funimation acquires the full rights and dubs it, it wouldn't be ready to release until late 2014 at the earliest, as Funimation almost always takes a minimum of a year to dub their shows. Plus there is the issue of cost or if the people running Toonami even have any interest in it. So this speculation is pointless.
#6alchemicatalyst(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 1:50:44 PM
lawlSigmaXSonic posted...
I would imagine Toonami wouldn't be able to afford a high-popularity series like this, for this or the next year at least. Remember how long it took for Soul Eater to appear on [as]. The only recent dub to appear anywhere close to the original airing was Deadman Wonderland, and that was because it was a cheap license.

they got naruto, soul eater, and one piece all in under a 6 month period along with giving the block a complete overhaul. they seemed to get all this money out of nowhere. they've probably maxed out by now lol. And Wonderland WAS the premiere by the way.
#7alchemicatalyst(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 2:00:55 PM
GoldSlime35 posted...
Even if Funimation acquires the full rights and dubs it, it wouldn't be ready to release until late 2014 at the earliest, as Funimation almost always takes a minimum of a year to dub their shows. Plus there is the issue of cost or if the people running Toonami even have any interest in it. So this speculation is pointless.

Im not speculating at all its a suggestion. i just think that toonami needs new shows besides bleach. its the only dub premiering on toonami right now. (until one piece catches up but funimation may still stream it first)