This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Gundam
  3. Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy
3 years ago#1
I am finding it really hard to watch the original series. I have tried a few times. Each time I get further, but I just cannot seem to keep watching. I don't know if it is because I just watched seed or if the animation is just that bad. I might be able to sit through the movie trilogy though. Do the movies do a good job of summing up the show or is it a major pass?
---
N7Shepard
3 years ago#2
The Movie Trilogy is good if you don't want to watch the whole series. It dumps a lot of the filler stuff, but has the primary points covered. Keep in mind, the Movie Trilogy is ONLY subbed, so if you are the kind of person that only watches dubbed, you're SOL. (Not saying you are, but there are people out there like that, who won't watch subbed at all.) If you're not used to the early anime art style, though, that could be a big part of the problem also, and you even mentioned that, so I would guess that's part of the issue here.
---
If you accept Shepard as your Commander and Savior, add this to your sig. WWSD: What Would Shepard Do?
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
3 years ago#3
Untrue, there is a dub of the movie trilogy.

It is however, horrible even by Gundam dub standards and is only good for watching for comedy value (there's a reason more recent releases do not include it).
---
"It does not prove a thing to be right because the majority say it is so" - Schiller
3 years ago#4
MetroidSuperfan posted...
Untrue, there is a dub of the movie trilogy.

It is however, horrible even by Gundam dub standards and is only good for watching for comedy value (there's a reason more recent releases do not include it).

Ah, okay, my bad. I was basing my statement on what I had seen to be currently (and readily) available versions. I have the boxed set with MSG Movie Trilogy, 08th MS Team: Miller's Report, and CCA, and the MSG Trilogy is sub-only.
---
If you accept Shepard as your Commander and Savior, add this to your sig. WWSD: What Would Shepard Do?
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
3 years ago#5
It's a major pass in the grading area, just watch the movies; they're worth their weight in salt.
---
Kira took too many risks, didn't always know what he was doing and always cried. But he was kind. He was a nice guy!
-Eyewitness accounts-
3 years ago#6
imo gundam seed has terrible animation

or is it fact?
---
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!
3 years ago#7
AMURO! I ORDER YOU TO LAUNCH GUNDAMN!
---
I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. You'd better remember me! - Tsukasa Kadoya, Kamen Rider Decade. PSN ID - KamenRiderShinzo
3 years ago#8
saltedham posted...
imo gundam seed has terrible animation

or is it fact?

I thought the art direction and character design was kind of off putting, but it looks just fine in motion.

MSG Movie Trilogy dub is bad, but in the so bad it's good way. British Bright is the best Bright.
---
wahey!
3 years ago#9
I actually have the MSG trilogy dub on VHS still, it was my first ever experience with Gundam.

Anyway, I say go for it TC.
3 years ago#10
Thanks guys! I just got the trilogy in the mail. I think mine is only subbed though. I just got into anime too so I haven't really ever watched anything that's only subbed. Hopefully it will turn out well.
---
N7Shepard
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Gundam
  3. Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived